LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
NBarden
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:38 pm
A couple questions referring to the stack.

I play Orim’s Chant. Can an instant be played in response to that?

There are several cards on the stack. I Extirpate a card that is currently on the stack. Does that card resolve?

Thanks!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:09 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Don’t know how this slipped my guard, but anyway.

1 - Whenever you play a spell or ability, or a triggered effect triggers, priority IS passed around players to respond. Mind that spells with split second DO pass priority, you just can’t use the stack to respond to it, but if you have a morph (say, a Willbender against Stonewood Invocation, or Fathom Seer against Sudden Shock) that can somehow jam the spell, since morph is a stactic ability which DOESN’T use the stack, you CAN unmorph the permanent and it’s effect WILL take place. Since Orim’s Chant isn’t a split second spell, yes, you CAN respond to Orim’s Chant by playing as many instants as you can (not only one, since you’d play one, then in response another, then another, etc, piling them all above the Chant on the stack).

2 - Extirpate targets a card in a graveyard. When you play a spell, it’s not in any zone, it’s resolving. AFTER it resolves, it’ll be put in the appropriate place (the graveyard or in play), and only THEN can you target it with Extirpate. Also, if you extirpate a Call of the Herd in response to another Call of the Herd, it WILL resolve, and they’ll still be left with a Call of the Herd in the graveyard to flashback (the one they just played), since Extirpate will resolve first, removing the CotH in the graveyard, and the ones in their hand or library, but NOT the one on the stack.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:18 pm
Thanks!

And yeah, I meant Extirpate a card from the graveyard identical to one on the stack.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions