LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:29 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
Question mate. Have you ever played a tentacle deck for real? Curious.

No, because they were a load of crap. These ones don’t require marshes and might even be playable.

And this Watcher and the two extra tentacles are supposed to replace the ones released in Age’s End (as NB said) because they were boring.

EDIT: Age’s End cards are below!

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:00 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Great, I’ve changed the Isengard card a little, and I’ve nearly finished the set!

Starting, then, with a previously spoiled card (as one of my burritos) following with the rather slimy semi-reprints that go with it:

4 • Watcher in the Water, Many-Tentacled Creature Moria
Minion • Creature
Str: 11
Vit: 4
Sit: 4
Damage +1.
Watcher in the Water cannot bear possessions.
While you can spot 3 tentacles, Watcher in the Water is fierce.
While you can spot 5 tentacles, Watcher in the Water is enduring.
While you can spot 7 tentacles, each Creature is strength +3 and cannot take wounds (except in the skirmish phase).
i would knock all tentacle requirements down by 1

2 Foul Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Str: 7
Vit: 1
Tentacle.
This minion may not bear possessions.
When you play this minion, you may play a tentacle from your draw deck.
works for me

2 Huge Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Str: 6
Tentacle.
Shadow: If the current site is a marsh, play a tentacle from your discard pile.
maybe its twilight cost is -1

3 Reaching Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Str: 8
Tentacle.
When you play this minion, you may play a tentacle from your draw deck (and add 4 if the current site is a marsh).
cool!

3 Foul Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Str: 9
Damage +1. Tentacle.
When you play this minion, you may play a Creature from your draw deck or discard pile.

works
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:06 am
Thranduil wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:
Question mate. Have you ever played a tentacle deck for real? Curious.

No, because they were a load of crap. These ones don’t require marshes and might even be playable.

Thats a poor arguement. How can you say theyre crap if youve never played them. I’ve won around 75% of the matches i played using tentacles. Theyre a fun and a viable strategy. And not requiring a marsh is even more poor. How often would you see an octopus squid thing in the middle of the riddermark? Theyre designed like that for a reason.

If you made these cards you would see how broken they can combo. You can choose to ignore me but i have used the deck a lot and can tell you from experience theyre OP.

And this Watcher and the two extra tentacles are supposed to replace the ones released in Age’s End (as NB said) because they were boring.

I got the theory of why youre doing them and this whole set, but the tentacles were fine. Again how do you know they were boring? You havent play tested them.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:27 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Thats a poor arguement. How can you say theyre crap if youve never played them. I’ve won around 75% of the matches i played using tentacles. Theyre a fun and a viable strategy.

My opinion of them has always been low, after all what’s the point of a swarm that you can only play on 1 site on the site path? That said, from Towers block they were probably a lot better with the Gollum card that makes everything a marsh, but I’ve still never seen anyone play them. I wasn’t actually aware that anyone bothered with them, and I’m thrilled that you do.

lem0nhead wrote:
And not requiring a marsh is even more poor. How often would you see an octopus squid thing in the middle of the riddermark? Theyre designed like that for a reason.

Yes, but realism often has to be suspended for a better gaming experience. It’s ridiculous, for example, to have Gil-Galad fighting alongside Frodo, and for Barazinbar, a random mountain, to fetch a possession from your draw deck.

lem0nhead wrote:
Again how do you know they were boring? You havent play tested them.

They just weren’t very imaginative or interesting, but I freely admit I have never tried them, partly because of my boycott of Age’s End as a terrible terrible set!

lem0nhead wrote:
If you made these cards you would see how broken they can combo. You can choose to ignore me but i have used the deck a lot and can tell you from experience theyre OP.

You may well be right. From your experience, therefore, how would I improve them?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:35 pm
Ok.

Huge Tentacle
Minion • Creature
Tentacle.

My beef with this guy is they printed the ages end watcher so he wasnt awesome like the odl one but he did make the swarm viable. Here you are saying you can play an awesome watcher and still do the easy swarm every site. You need to chop the shadow action if its to work in expanded play. If it was just ur block then its fine.

Reaching Tentacle
Minion • Creature
Tentacle.
When you play this minion, you may play a tentacle from your draw deck (and add 5 if the current site is a marsh).

This guy is just insane. The only thing thats stops me killing you at site 4 is pool. I play 4 of these and i have a net pool advantage to play more tentacles. Its just too strong. Swarm pool adding is dangerous to mess with. You need to lower it loads or cut it.

Like i say, if u kept it to ur block play, or said u cant mix the old ages end tentacles and the new one maybe ok.

But basically this all allows an escalation of what is capable currently and it works fine and is balanced as it is.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:43 pm
Great, thanks lem0n. These cards effectively replace the Watcher and tentacles from Age’s End so there’s no chance of combining them. I’ve reduced the twilight adding but left the replay the way it is to make it more viable. Thanks for all your thoughts! GP

Now going through the final cards. There are two cards in particular that I left the way they were, the Balrog, Demon of Might and Gollum, Threatening Guide, but I took the idea of the Gollum (ie. taking an iconic version that works with burdens and changing it to threats) and extended it to this Smeagol:

0 • Smeagol, Pitiable Guide
Companion
Str: 3
Res: 5
Ring-bound.
To play, add a burden.
Skirmish: Add a threat to make Smeagol strength +2 and unable to take wounds.

I was thinking about replacing the wounds bit with being unable to overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled. What would you guys prefer?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
wouldn’t he be almost identical to slinker if you did that?
keep it as is
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:57 am
SoP is right.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:21 pm
Some introduction to this set I think. Broadly, cards fall into 6 categories:

1) Cards to fill in old and undeveloped strategies (eg. Burning and Pillaging, Naith Long Bow, Army of Specters etc.) This is what Decipher half-heartedly attempted with tentacles and such things, but I’ve taken a broader attitude to it.

2) Characters as they were at the end of the Lord of the Rings (eg. Eowyn, Lady of Gondor, Faramir, Steward of Gondor, Eomer, King of Rohan etc.)

3) Fellowship characters and cards to go with them based on classic FotR cards.

4) Miscellaneous and important artifacts (especially filling in all remaining rings and new versions of the Three).

5) Cards named after a block and a set. The only one missing I think is Bloodlines because I couldn’t think of a good card.

This is basically an attempt to finish LotR properly rather than haphazardly. Hopefully you’ll agree that this small set (double the size of Decipher’s) is worthy to end such a fantastic game.

Ring • The One Ring, The Great Ring
While wearing The One Ring, each time bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
Maneuver: Wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
Skirmish: If the Ring-bearer is wearing The One Ring, add a burden to make him or her strength +2.
19 P 1

Dunland

2 Burning and Pillaging Dunland
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Dunland Man during the skirmish phase, it is damage +1 until the regroup phase.
Response: If a Dunland Man is about to take a wound, discard this condition to prevent that wound.
19 P 2

Dwarven

2 • Axe of Erebor, Gimli’s Weapon Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Str: +2
Bearer must be Gimli.
Each time Gimli wins a skirmish, you may wound a minion skirmishing a fellowship companion.
19 P 3

2 • Gimli, Eighth of the Nine Walkers Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Vit: 3
Res: 6
Fellowship. Damage +1.
Skirmish:
Spot 6 fellowship companions and exert Gimli to make him strength +3.
’... and Gimli son of Gloin for the Dwarves. They are willing to go at least to the passes of the Mountains, and maybe beyond.’
19 P 4

0 • Ring of Restitution Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Vit: +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer is enduring.
19 P 5

0 • Ring of Vengeance Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Str: +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.
Skirmish: Exert bearer twice to play a Dwarven ring from your discard pile.
19 P 6

Elven

2 • Age’s End Elven
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot 2 Elven cards.
Fellowship: If the fellowship is in region 1, exert a companion to take an artifact into hand from your draw deck.
While the fellowship is in region 2, each companion bearing an artifact is strength +1.
Maneuver: While the fellowship is in region 3, discard an artifact from play to heal a character. The first Shadow player may also use this ability.
... the Third Age was over, and the Days of the Rings were passed. and an end was come of the story and song of those times.
19 P 7

2 • Arwen, Royal Maiden Elven
Companion • Elf
While you can spot Galadriel, Arwen’s twilight cost is -1.
While you can spot Elrond, Arwen is resistance +2.
While you can spot Aragorn, each minion skirmishing Arwen is strength -2.
... and Elrond surrendered his sceptre, and laid the hand of his daughter in the hand of the King...
19 P 8

1 • Bow of the Galadhrim, Legolas’ Bow Elven
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be Legolas.
Each time Legolas wins a skirmish, you may heal a fellowship companion.
19 P 9

4 • Cirdan, Elven Lord Elven
Companion • Elf
Res: 7
To play, spot an Elf.
While the fellowship is in region 3, each unbound Elf is resistance +2.
Each minion skirmishing an Elf with resistance 7 or more loses all damage and hunter bonuses.
19 P 10

0 • Elessar Elven
Artifact
Bearer must be Aragorn.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may add 2 to reinforce a Free Peoples token.
Then Aragorn took the green stone and held it up, and there came a green fire from his hand.
19 P 11

4 • Elrond, Lord of the Eldar Elven
Companion • Elf
While you can spot 2 Elves, Elrond’s twilight cost is -2.
While the fellowship is in region 1 and you can spot 3 Elves, Elrond is strength +2 and resistance +2.
While the fellowship is in region 2, Elrond cannot take more than 1 wound in a skirmish.
’But maybe when the One has gone, the Three will fail, and many fair things will fade and be forgotten. That is my belief.’
19 P 12

3 • Galadriel, Exile of Valinor Elven
Companion • Elf
While the fellowship is in region 1, Galadriel cannot be overwhelmed unless her strength is tripled.
While the fellowship is in region 2, each Elf is strength +2.
’We must depart into the West, or dwindle to a rustic folk of dell and cave, slowly to forget and to be forgotten.’
19 P 13

2 • Legolas, Seventh of the Nine Walkers Elven
Companion • Elf
Fellowship. Archer.
Archery:
Spot 6 fellowship companions and exert Legolas to wound a minion. Legolas does not add to the fellowship archery total.
’For the rest, they shall represent the other Free Peoples of the World: Elves, Dwarves, and Men. Legolas shall be for the Elves...’
19 P 14

1 Naith Long Bow Elven
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be an Elf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may discard a card from hand to exert a minion.
19 P 15

0 • Narya, Borne By Gandalf Elven
Artifact • Ring
Res: +1
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Each time the fellowship moves from a region 3 site, you may remove a burden.
As he turned and came towards them Frodo saw that Gandalf now wore openly in his hand the Third Ring...
19 P 16

0 • Nenya, Borne By Galadriel Elven
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Galadriel.
Each time the fellowship moves from a region 2 site, you may heal a companion.
... she herself seemed to shine with a soft light.
19 P 17

1 • Realms of the Elf Lords Elven
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot 3 Elven followers or 3 Elf allies, the current site is a forest.
At any site 3 or any site 6, each Elf is strength and resistance +1.
’There is in her and in this land no evil, unless a man bring it hither himself.’
19 P 18

0 • Vilya, Borne By Elrond Elven
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Elrond.
Each time the fellowship moves from a region 1 site, you may remove 2.
’Did Gandalf not tell you that the rings give power according to the measure of each possessor?’
19 P 19

1 Voyage of the Ring-Bearers Elven
Event • Fellowship
Spot 2 Elves to play one of the following from your draw deck or discard pile: Elrond, Galadriel, Gandalf, Frodo, Sam, Bilbo, Cirdan.
19 P 20

Gandalf

3 • Ents of Fangorn Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
If you can spot 2 unbound Hobbits at the start of the maneuver phase, each Ent loses unhasty (and cannot gain unhasty) until the regroup phase.
At any site 8, each Ent is damage +1.
... the Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong.
19 P 21

4 • Gandalf, Sixth of the Nine Walkers Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Fellowship.
Fellowship
or Regroup: Spot 6 fellowship companions and exert Gandalf to play the fellowship’s next site.
’Someone said that intelligence would be needed in the party. He was right. I think I shall come with you.’
19 P 22

2 • Gandalf’s Staff, Wizard’s Device Gandalf
Artifact • Staff
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Response: If a Shadow event is played, spot 6 fellowship companions and exert Gandalf to cancel its effects.
19 P 23

2 • Glamdring, Gandalf’s Blade Gandalf
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Gandalf is damage +1.
Each time Gandalf wins a skirmish, you may spot 9 fellowship companions to take into hand 2 Free Peoples events from your discard pile.
19 P 24

0 • Seeing-Stone of Orthanc, Dangerous Tool Gandalf
Artifact • Palantir
Bearer must be Aragorn or a Wizard.
Regroup: Add a burden to reveal the top 4 cards of your draw deck. Heal a companion for each Free Peoples card revealed. Add a threat for each Shadow card revealed. Place those cards at the bottom of your draw deck in any order.
’... I am the lawful master of the Stone, and I had both the right and the strength to use it, or so I judged.’
19 P 25

Gollum

2 • Gollum, Threatening Guide Gollum
Minion
Str: 5
Sit: 3
Gollum is strength +1 for each threat.
Each time Gollum wins a skirmish, you may add a threat.
19 P 26

0 • Smeagol, Pitiable Guide Gollum
Companion
Res: 5
Ring-bound.
To play, add a burden.
Skirmish: Add a threat to make Smeagol strength +2 and unable to take wounds.
19 P 27

1 Treachery and Deceit Gollum
Condition
Str: -2
Res: -1
To play, spot Gollum.
Plays on Gollum or Smeagol.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, their owner may transfer this condition to another character.
If bearer is the Ring-bearer, he or she is strength and resistance +1.
19 P 28

Gondor

4 • Aragorn, Fifth of the Nine Walkers Gondor
Companion • Man
Res: 8
Fellowship. Ranger.
Maneuver:
Spot 5 fellowship companions and exert Aragorn to make him defender +1 until the regroup phase.
’Yes,’ he said with a smile. ’I ask leave once again to be your companion, Frodo.’
19 P 29

0 • Army of Specters Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a Gondor Wraith is killed, remove that companion from the game to play a Gondor Wraith from your draw deck or discard pile. Discard this condition.
19 P 30

3 • Boromir, Ninth of the Nine Walkers Gondor
Companion • Man
Fellowship. Ranger.
Skirmish:
Spot 6 fellowship companions and exert Boromir to prevent a fellowship companion from being overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
’But your road and our road lie together for many hundreds of miles. Therefore Boromir will also be in the Company. He is a valiant man.’
19 P 31

3 • Faramir, Steward of Gondor Gondor
Companion • Man
Knight. Ranger.
Skirmish: Discard a fortification from play to make a Man strength +2.
... but Aragorn took the rod and gave it back, saying: ’That office is not ended, and it shall be thine and thy heirs’ for as long as my line shall last.’
19 P 32

2 • The Hunters Gondor
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot Gimli, Legolas gains hunter 1.
While you can spot Legolas, Aragorn gains hunter 1.
While you can spot Aragorn, Gimli gains hunter 1.
’We will make such a chase as shall be accounted a marvel among the Three Kindreds...’
19 P 33

1 • The Return of the King Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Res: +2
If you cannot spot a minion at the start of the regroup phase, you may transfer this condition to Aragorn.
While Aragorn bears this condition, each time he wins a skirmish, you may heal a companion, or reinforce a Free Peoples token.
’The King?’ said Sam. ’What king and who is he?’ ’The King of Gondor and Lord of the Western Lands,’ said Gandalf; ’and he has taken back all his ancient realm.’
19 P 34

0 • Ring of Barahir, Heirloom of the North Gondor
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be Aragorn.
Maneuver: Remove 2 Free Peoples tokens to make a companion strength +1 and defender +1 until the regroup phase (limit twice per phase).
’Little do I resemble the figures of Elendil and Isiuldur as they stand carven in their majesty in the halls of Denethor. I am but the heir of Isildur, not Isildur himself.’
19 P 35

0 • Seeing-Stone of Minas Anor, Dangerous Tool Gondor
Artifact • Palantir
Bearer must be Denethor.
Regroup: Add a threat to reveal the top 4 cards of an opponent’s draw deck. Wound a minion for each Shadow card revealed. Wound a companion for each Free Peoples card revealed. Replace them in the same order.
And as he held it up, it seemed to those that looked on that the globe began to glow with an inner flame...
19 P 36

Isengard

0 Fires of Industry Isengard
Event • Archery or Skirmish
Exert an Isengard minion to choose one: heal 3 other Isengard Orcs; heal another Isengard minion twice; or make the fellowship archery total -3.
19 P 37

1 • Grima, Sharkey’s Worm Isengard
Follower
Sit: -2
Aid - 2
Bearer gains muster, ambush 1, lurker and hunter 0.
’You do what Sharkey says, always, don’t you, Worm? Well, now he says: follow!’
19 P 38

2 • Rise of Saruman Isengard
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot Saruman and another Uruk-hai minion, each companion is resistance -1.
While you can spot Saruman and another Men or Dunland minion, each Man minion is strength +1.
While you can spot Saruman and 3 Isengard minions, cards in your support area cannot be discarded by Free Peoples cards.
19 P 39

4 • Saruman, Sharkey Isengard
Minion • Wizard
Sit: 2
Saruman cannot be assigned to a skirmish or take wounds during the archery phase.
Maneuver: Exert Saruman X times (where X is the current region number) to remove all game text keywords from a character until the regroup phase.
’... evidently you did not expect to see me here.’
19 P 40

2 • Saruman’s Staff Isengard
Artifact • Staff
Maneuver: Make the first sentence of Saruman’s game text not apply until the regroup phase.
Each time you play a spell or weather card, you may make Saruman strength +2 and fierce until the regroup phase.
19 P 41

0 • Palantir of Orthanc, Dangerous Tool Isengard
Artifact • Support Area
Palantir.
To play, spot Saruman (or exert 2 minions).
Shadow: Exert a minion twice (or exert Saruman) to reveal the top 4 cards of your draw deck. Add 1 for each Free Peoples card revealed. Wound a minion for each Shadow card revealed. Place those cards at the bottom of your draw deck in any order.
’Alas for Saruman! It was his downfall, as I now perceive.’
19 P 42

2 • The Two Towers Isengard
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot a Sauron or Orc minion, each Uruk-hai and Isengard minion gains hunter 1.
Fellowship: Exert an Uruk-hai or Isengard minion twice to play a Sauron or Orc minion from your discard pile. Its twilight cost is -1.
’In all the long wars with the Dark Tower treason has ever been our greatest foe.’
19 P 43

2 • Urgency Isengard
Conditon • Support Area
While you can spot Saruman, the twilight cost of each weather card is -1.
Each time you play a weather card, you may exert a companion or ally.
19 P 44

Moria

14 The Balrog, Demon of Might Moria
Minion • Balrog
Str: 17
Vit: 5
Damage +2. Fierce.
While at an underground site, skip the archery phase, the maneuver phase, and The Balrog cannot be assigned to skirmish companions of strength 6 or less.
19 P 45

2 Foul Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Tentacle.
19 P 46

2 Huge Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Tentacle.
19 P 47

2 • Mines of Moria Moria
Condition • Support Area
While the fellowship is in region 2 and you can spot 2 Orcs, each site is underground.
While you can spot 3 Orc or Moria cards, each underground site’s Shadow number is +1.
’The road may lead to Moria, but how can we hope that it will lead through Moria?’
19 P 48

3 Reaching Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Tentacle.
When you play this minion, you may play a tentacle from your draw deck (and add 2 if the current site is a marsh).
19 P 49

3 Strong Tentacle Moria
Minion • Creature
Damage +1. Tentacle.
When you play this minion, you may play a Creature from your draw deck or discard pile.
19 P 50

4 • Watcher in the Water, Many-Tentacled Creature Moria
Minion • Creature
Damage +1.
Watcher in the Water cannot bear possessions.
While you can spot 3 tentacles, Watcher in the Water is fierce.
While you can spot 5 tentacles, Watcher in the Water is enduring.
While you can spot 7 tentacles, each Creature is strength +3 and cannot take wounds (except in the skirmish phase).
19 P 51

Rohan

3 • Eomer, King of the Mark Rohan
Companion • Man
Valiant.
While Eomer is assigned to a skirmish, each mounted Rohan Man is strength +1.
Fellowship: Exert 2 Rohan Men (or a Rohan Man twice) to play a mount from your draw deck.
Then Eowyn bade those that served to fill the cups, and all there assembled rose and drank to the new king, crying, ’Hail, Eomer, King of the Mark!’
19 P 52

2 • Eowyn, Lady of Gondor Rohan
Companion • Man
While you can spot Faramir, Eowyn’s twilight cost is -1.
While you can spot Eomer, Eowyn is defender +1.
While you can spot 5 Men assigned to a skirmish, Eowyn is strength +2.
’Thus,’ said Eomer, ’is the friendship of the Mark and of Gondor bound with a new bond, and the more I do rejoice.’
19 P 53

Sauron

0 • Ithil Stone, In the Hands of the Enemy Sauron
Artifact • Support Area
Palantir.
To play, spot 5 minions (or an unique Sauron minion).
Each companion bearing an artifact is resistance -1 (or -3 if they bear a palantir).
Regroup: Discard 3 minions to reveal the top 4 cards of your draw deck. Add a burden for each Shadow card revealed. Heal a companion for each Free Peoples card revealed. Place those cards beneath your draw deck in any order.
’The Noldor made them... But there is nothing that Sauron cannot turn to evil uses.’
19 P 54

0 Sauron’s Might Sauron
Event • Maneuver
To play, spot your minion of a culture and choose one: remove a threat; remove a burden; remove a token of the same culture; or remove 2.
Then, choose one: add a threat; add a burden; reinforce a token of the same culture; or add 2.
19 P 55

2 • Siege of Gondor Sauron
Condition • Suppoer Area
At any site 7, each besieger is strength +2.
Shadow: Exert 2 Sauron Orcs to play an engine from your discard pile.
The watchmen cried aloud, and all men in the City stood to arms. Now ever and anon there was a red flash, and slowly through the heavy air dull rumbles could be heard.
19 P 56

2 • The War of the Ring Sauron
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot 2 Shadow cultures, each site is a battleground.
While you can spot 3 Shadow cultures, each minion gains hunter 1.
While you can spot 4 Shadow cultures, each minion cannot take wounds (except during skirmish phases).
While you can spot 6 cultures, this condition cannot be discarded by Free Peoples cards.
’Mordor draws all wicked things, and the Dark Power was bending its will to gather them there.’
19 P 57

Shire

2 Barrow-Wight Blade Shire
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Each Wraith minion skirmishing bearer is strength -1.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may spot 9 fellowship companions to remove a burden.
19 P 58

2 • Bilbo, Old Adventurer Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Res: 8
Ring-bound.
While you can spot Frodo, Bilbo is resistance +2.
While you can spot Gandalf, Bilbo is strength +1.
While you can spot 3 Dwarves, Bilbo cannot take wounds in a skirmish.
’Still, I don’t suppose I have the strength or the luck left to deal with the Ring. It has grown, and I have not.’
19 P 59

2 • The Fellowship of the Ring Shire
Condition • Support Area
Each time a fellowship companion wins a skirmish, you may add a Shire token here.
Fellowship: Remove 2 tokens from this condition to play a fellowship companion from your draw deck or discard pile.
Skirmish: Remove 2 tokens from this condition to make a fellowship companion strength +1.
’The Company of the Ring shall be Nine; and the Nine Walkers shall be set against the Nine Riders that are evil.’
19 P 60

2 • Frodo, First of the Nine Walkers Shire
Companion • Hobbit
(Res): 10
Fellowship. Ring-bound.
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may add 1 to heal another fellowship companion.
’I think that this task is appointed for you, Frodo; and that if you do not find a way, no one will.’
19 P 61

1 • Merry, Fourth of the Nine Walkers Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Res: 9
Fellowship.
Skirmish:
If Merry is not assigned to a skirmish, exert him twice to add his strength to a fellowship companion (or exert him once if that companion has resistance 6 or more).
’We have been terrified that you might give us the slip and disappear suddenly, and go off all on your own...’
19 P 62

1 • Pippin, Third of the Nine Walkers Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Fellowship.
The twilight cost of the first fellowship companion played each fellowship phase is -2.
’We hobbits ought to stick together, and we will. I shall go, unless they chain me up.’
19 P 63

2 • Sam, Second of the Nine Walkers Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Fellowship. Ring-bound.
While Sam bears The One Ring, he is resistance -4.
Fellowship: Spot 4 fellowship companions and exert Sam to remove a burden.
Response: If Frodo is killed, make Sam the Ring-bearer.
’But you won’t send him off alone surely, Master?’
19 P 64

Uruk-hai

2 • Battle of Helm’s Deep Uruk-hai
Condition • Support Area
At any site 7, each Uruk-hai is fierce.
While you can spot 2 Uruk-hai, each machine’s twilight cost is -1.
They heard the roar of voices and the thudding of the rams; and then in a sudden flash of light beheld the peril of the gates.
19 P 65

Wraith

0 In Twilight Wraith
Condition
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Bearer gains twilight.
Maneuver: Discard a Nazgul or Wraith artifact from hand to exert the Ring-bearer.
19 P 66

0 • Ring of Corruption Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Each companion bearing a ring is strength -1.
Response: If a player reconciles, return bearer to its owner’s hand.
19 P 67

0 • Ring of Despair Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Bearer is a lurker.
While bearer is assigned to a skirmish, each unbound companion is resistance -1.
19 P 68

0 • Ring of Dominion Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Bearer is fierce.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may replace one of your sites on the site path with a site from your adventure deck.
19 P 69

0 • Ring of Shadow Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Bearer gains hunter 2.
19 P 70

1 Shadows Wraith
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Spot a Nazgul and remove a threat to play a Nazgul from hand. That Nazgul’s twilight cost is -4 and it is fierce until the regroup phase. You may then exert that Nazgul to play a possession or artifact on them from your hand. Discard this condition.
19 P 71

8 • The Witch-King, Lord of the Nine Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 14
Fierce.
While you can spot 3 Nazgul, the Witch-King gains muster.
While you can spot 4 Nazgul, the Witch-King is damage +1.
While you can spot 5 Nazgul, the Witch-King is enduring.
The Lord of Morgul therefore led his companions over Anduin, unclad and unmounted, and invisible to eyes, and yet a terror to all living things...
19 P 72

6 • Ulaire Attea, Lieutenant of the Nine Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 12
Fierce.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may spot 3 Nazgul to discard a follower or ally (or 5 Nazgul to discard 2 followers or 2 allies). The Free Peoples player may add 2 burdens to prevent this.
19 P 73

5 • Ulaire Cantea, Phantom of the Nine Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 10
Fierce.
Each time Ulaire Cantea wins a skirmish, you may spot 3 Nazgul to make the Free Peoples player discard 2 of their possessions from play (or spot 5 Nazgul to discard 2 possessions from play).
19 P 74

6 • Ulaire Enquea, Wraith of the Nine Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Fierce.
Maneuver:
Spot 6 companions (or 5 burdens) and discard a Nazgul from hand to wound an unbound companion.
19 P 75

4 • Ulaire Lemenya, Hunter of the Nine Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Vit: 2
Lurker.
Each Nazgul skirmishing a companion bearing a Wraith condition gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 and damage +1 if you can spot 9 Nazgul).
19 P 76

5 • Ulaire Nelya, Rider of the Nine Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 10
Sit: 2
Fierce.
While you can spot X other Nazgul, each Nazgul gains toil X.
19 P 77

4 • Ulaire Nertea, Stalker of the Nine Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Vit: 2
When you play Ulaire Nertea, you may play a Nazgul from your discard pile. Then, you may spot 3 Nazgul to play a Wraith condition from your discard pile.
19 P 78

4 • Ulaire Otsea, Specter of the Nine Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Lurker.
Skirmish: Exert Ulaire Otsea and spot X other Nazgul to make a Nazgul strength +X (or strength +8 and fierce until the regroup phase if you can spot 9 Nazgul).
19 P 79

6 • Ulaire Toldea, Shadow of the Nine Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 12
Fierce.
Each time Ulaire Toldea wins a skirmish, you may spot 3 Nazgul to make the Free Peoples player add a burden or 2 threats.
19 P 80

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards