LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
darkconstantine
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:32 pm
if an opponent uses a jinxed idol on me, can i return it back by sacrificing a creature?
darkconstantine
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:35 pm
enchant creature: regenerate

if a certain creature has this card attached and the creature is destroyed, will the enchantment be destroyed along with it?
on the otherhand, when a drudge skeleton has enchantment and if i use regen, will the enchantement stay attached?[/b]
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:01 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
1 - He can’t use the Jinxed Idol on you. Every permanent comes into play under control of the player who played it, unless specified otherwise. Now, Jinxed Idol has an activated ability, which lets you sac a creature to give it to another player. If he sacrifices a creature to give it to you, then it means you’re now its controller, and as such, yes, you CAN activate the ability as well. Then, it’ll be given back to him, and HE will be controlling it, which means HE can activate it now (you see where I’m getting at, right?)

2 - Whenever an enchanted permanent leaves play, there was a change to the game state. When that happens, SBEs are checked, and the game sees an aura in play that is enchanting nothing. Since it has no valid target anymore (you can’t simply attach it to another creature, sorry), it goes to the graveyard. It’s not destroyed, per se, but it’s pretty much what happens, yes. Also, unless the aura specifically states that after regenerating the aura is sacrificed, destroyed, etc, it stays attached to the creature, so if you enchant a creature with Regeneration, unless the creature leaves play in a way it can’t be regenerated (Wrath of God, Cruel Edict, Boomerang, etc) or you can’t pay the regen cost, it’ll stay on the creature.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions