LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Kwiatek
Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:26 am
I have a little question if I play in starting fellowship Frodo who is not ringbearer have I must pay for him any costs??
"We shall not forsake our old alliance with Gondor, and while they fight we shall aid them:
so say I and all who hold with me"
-Eomer
Kwiatek
Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:46 am
if thats become true (frodo can be play for 0 cost) ----------------------------> Isildur BoH(as the ringbearer)+Sam+Frodo+Smeagol+Pippin+Merry= starting fellowship with cost all 4 twilight cost and 6 companions in it Smile.

Tactic: with first occasion kill(eliminate) Fordo and take with Sam ring from Isildur SmileSmileSmileSmile what I have from this?? I have Isildur with 0 cost and he can be assign to skirmish without adding burdens or exert companions:) Isildur is figter from this time with narsil and 5 companions staying from start Razz plus I can play scroll to make sam resist +3 and play narsil on Isildur

but tell me can I play frodo in starting without ring with o cost!!!!!
"We shall not forsake our old alliance with Gondor, and while they fight we shall aid them:
-Eomer
hblika
Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:51 am
Unfortunatly there are several problems with this idea.

Firstly, the Bloodlines Frodo has a twilight cost of 2.

Secondly, Sam only takes the ring if Frodo was the original ring-bearer.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:19 pm
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
hblika is right
only the ringbearer is free (unless cards otherwise state)
and sam only takes the ring from frodo
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
Kwiatek
Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:21 pm
where is rule saying that?? I dont hear somethink like that:P Sams gametext: "If Frodo dies make Sam ringbearer resistance......" lol
-Eomer
SnowBalrog
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:14 am
Joined: 26 Sep 2005 Posts: 63 Location: St. Louis, Missouri
I think it was in the last CRD that Sam's ring-snatching only works with Frodo as the Ring-bearer. And the old 0-cost Frodos cannot be used as a regular companion. Only Frodo, Frenzied Fighter from Bloodlines. Hope it helps!
Marcus: Our Snow Balrog would be a lot more impressive if it didn't keep melting.
Jason: Maybe if we used a little less lighter fluid...?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions