LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Lord_Of_The_Wind
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:33 pm
Is this series allowed to be played with the regular cards in a tournament?
Boromir
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:23 pm
I'm pretty sure they are.
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:51 pm
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
yep
just to tell you
any promo that has a counterpart in a set that is available is legal to use

unless its one of those oversized ones

~Josiah
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
Cobra
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:02 pm
Yes -- if one version of an LOTR TCG card is legal for tournament play, then all versions of that card are legal. For example -- Elven Bow was printed in Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and Return of the King, so ANY of those printings can be used in any tournament format.

Note that they must have the exact same card title, though. Uruk-hai Troop is legal for standard play, but Troop of Uruk-hai (the original version of that card) isn't because the card title is different.
Last edited by Cobra on Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Lord_Of_The_Wind
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:04 pm
Sweet I'm going to start collecting the Countdown colletion they look so much cooler.
hblika
Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:23 am
Cobra wrote:
Yes -- if one version of an LOTR TCG card is legal for tournament play, then all versions of that card are legal. For example -- Elven Bow was printed in Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and Return of the King, so ANY of those printings can be used in any tournament format.

Elven Bow was unfortunately NOT reprinted in Return of the King. But hoepfully it will be in the next block, unless Decipher wants elven archery decks out of the picture.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
SnowBalrog
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:25 am
Joined: 26 Sep 2005 Posts: 63 Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Just to reiterate- yup they can be played as long as the card they represent is legal. So if it's counter-part is from Fellowship, it cannot be used. (Even though it's a promo.. there was much confusion about that from a couple friends who, at the time, were n00bs)
Marcus: Our Snow Balrog would be a lot more impressive if it didn't keep melting.
Jason: Maybe if we used a little less lighter fluid...?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion