LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
NBarden
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:15 pm
Legal in...I think its Legacy.

Helm of Awakening x 4
Sensei’s Divining Top
Future Sight
Library of Leng
Fastbond
Lifegift (the more, the better)

A lot of Forests

4x Isochron Scepter each imprinted with a Fruition

And while we’re at it, why not 4x Darksteel Colossus and any other big mean trample creatures you can think of. Razz

Draw your deck (leaving enough for you to not lose the game) for free with Helm of Awakening/Future Sight/Sensei’s Divining Top. Throw down all your lands with Fastbond and Lifegift combo, then gain virtually infinite life with Isochron Scepter and Fruition.

Your whole mana base is COMPELTELY set up, you’ve drawn your entire draw deck, and have no maximum hand size, and your life total is ABSURDLY high.

Then 4x Darksteel Colossus is just mean. Traqmple ’em to death.Razz

Basic idea came from an article by physcosick, but I added some stuff. Are there any banned cards here?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:02 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Are you serious? That’s not even a playable combo, there’s absolutely no way you’ll live long enough in the format to make it work. Broken combos are combos that require few cards, or that are extremely fast to set up. For instance, for a broken Vintage combo, you can try Flash + Protean Hulk, then fetching Karmic Guide, Carrion Feeder and Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, meaning infinite hasty 2/2 beaters for 2 mana. Or Mox/Chrome Mox/anything that makes mana for free + Dark Ritual + Crucible of Worlds,playing Wasteland (also not very good, as they can overcome mana denial by playing moxen as well). In standard, there’s Saffi Eriksdotter + Crypt Champion and either (or both) Teysa, Orzhov Scion, or Essence/Soul Warden, spelling infinite tokens +every opposing creature removed from the game and infinite life. Also, there’s Isochron Scepter + Orim’s Chant. Or Cabal Ritual, Seething Song, Desperate Ritual, Rite of Flames (etc, etc, etc) + Mind’s Desire + Tendrils of Agony/Brain Freeze. There’s even Mox/Artifact Land, etc, + Tinker, fetching Darksteel Colossus as early as turn 1.
A combo that big will never be assembled in time...
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:47 pm
I think this is Legacy legal, though. And once you get Future Sight/Sensei’s Divining Top/Helm of Awakening you draw your whole deck, which gives you pretty reliably anything you need. Very Happy

So is Vintage kinda like the open of MtG?

BTW, are there ANY X-lists to MTG?
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:25 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Yeah, Vintage and Legacy are both like Open format. However, Legacy is a more "fair" version, with more banned cards. Vintage, on the other hand, has a lot more restricted cards, because it’s SOOO broken. But both formats have games that tend to be over by turn 5, with a not-so-good draw.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:35 pm
I agree with you after looking that there are better combos, but with infinite life, you can just ABSORB a Darksteel Colossus every turn!

And then pull out your 4 and go on a rampage!

The Tinker combo is just stupid though. ANY artifact = Darksteel Colossus. Bleah. Razz
physcosick
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:10 am
The deck is called Sensei Sensei and theres also a version called Thoughtless Sensei in Legacy. It was my favorite deck when I played it in vintage and it was very competitive especially with Force of Wills and Duresses getting rid of all those quick kills that Musco referred to.
But the deck is Helm/Top/and Future Sight draw your deck into a Brain Freeze or tendrils if you are black heavy... but with black lotus and yawgmoths will... your probably not too worried about 2BB...

Also Tinker into darksteel colossus as an alternate.

Physcosick AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Physco's Like List: Felipe Musco, Elflvr, yerkamig, theOmnipotentOne, AgentDrake

Physco's Ban List:
NBarden

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion