LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
NBarden
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:14 pm
And standard legal.

Djinn Illuminatus
Rite of Flame

Double your mana! Or more. Consider....

3 Rite of Flame in graveyard.

1 Rite of Flame in hand

6-7 Mountains

24-28 mana!

7 spells played:

2 Dragonstorm (easy)

15 Dragons!

OR

Blaze

Have fun!

Or, I’m not sure, does the instant resolve before copying it? If so...

Mountain
Rite of Flame
Dragonstorm

EVERY FLIPPIN’ DRAGON EVER INVENTED!

OR

Blaze.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:30 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Sorry to bust your bubble, but Replicate, as well as Storm, does not count as PLAYING a spell, the copy is merely PUT in the stack, so any effect that trigger by playing spells (storm count is one of them) does not count. However, since you’ve found out about Djinn Illuminatus, try this out:

Djinn Illuminatus
Pact of the Titan
Angel’s Grace

When the opponent ships the turn back to you, simply play any number of copies of Pact of the Titan eot (you choose a number, since it’s an infinite loop). Then, during your upkeep, ALL the "you lose the game" triggered abilities will trigger, allowing you to play ONE Angel’s Grace (which can’t be countered, since it has Split Second) and NOT lose the game, and then proceed to smash with any amount of 4/4 Giants.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:32 pm
So it IS a broken combo, but not in the way I was thinking.

Oh well. Still powerful with Blaze.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
NBarden
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:06 pm
I just had a thought....

Couldn’t you practically Extirpate your opponent’s graveyard? Or does split-second stop that?

Also, can I use Ancestral Vision to cycle through my deck at huge speeds for free until I get the cards I want? After I suspend it, of course. Or build a slightly larger deck (say, 65 cards) and let Wheel of Fate cycle both mine and my opponents decks until my opponent decks out before me?
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:55 pm
Extirpate has Split Second, so you can’t Replicate it. Also, the no-cost cards have a converted mana cost of zero in abstract (for tutoring purposes, countering purposes, etc), but they in fact do NOT have a mana cost at all, so you can’t pay their cost to replicate them. Suspend only gives you an ALTERNATE cost, it doesn’t change the mana cost. Force of Will is still a 5-color spell even if I pitch a blue card and pay 1 life to play it for free.
I don't like YOU.
physcosick
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:05 am
Felipe Musco wrote:
Extirpate has Split Second, so you can’t Replicate it.
Incorrect. Replicate is a triggered ability and split second does not get around it. You can still replicate split second spells.
Proof:
"Q: My opponent has a Djinn Illuminatus out and plays Sudden Shock. When he does, he tries to Replicate the Sudden Shock. Does Split Second prevent the Replicated copies from being added to the stack, or do they all go on the stack at the same time?

A: When a Repicate cost is paid, a triggered ability goes on the stack on top of the spell. Split Second does not prevent this ability from being used when the spell is played. When this triggered ability resolves, the appropriate number of copies of this spell will be put on the stack. These copies are not played, so Split Second will not prevent the copies from going on the stack. So your opponent can do what you have described."

Physcosick AWAY!!!!!!!!
Physco's Like List: Felipe Musco, Elflvr, yerkamig, theOmnipotentOne, AgentDrake

Physco's Ban List:
NBarden
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:00 pm
Shocked
Didn’t know that! Thanks!
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:44 pm
I can see it now. Traumatize half the deck (or more), and then Extirpate everything. Fun.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion