LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:23 am
I’ve been trying to build a solo Galadriel deck (crazy, I know), for my latest crazy article idea.

Here’s what I’ve got

Solo-Galadriel is a weak and low resistance ring-bearer. However, with the proper cards, and an extensive ally support system, she can build a competitive archery deck.

Ring-Bearer/Starting Fellowship:
Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

The Rest of the Deck:
Allies-
Celeborn, Lord of Lorien x 3
Elrond, Herald to Gil-Galad x 2
Rumil, Elven Protector
Orophin, Lorien Bowman

Conditions-
The Splendor of their Banners x 2
Elven Marksmanship x 2
Take up the Bow x 4
Shadow Between x 2

Possessions-
Elven Bow x 3
Sword of the Fallen x 2
Phial of Galadriel

Artifact-
Nenya

Events-
Master of Healing x 2
Friends of Old x 2
Support of the Last Homely House x 3
Swan-Ship of the Galadhrim x 3
Feathered x 2

The point of the deck is to abuse your allies by exerting them to play toil conditions free, exerting Rumil and Orophin to drop Orcs and Uruk-Hai or use them as elf archers to meet the criteria of Take up the Bow. And if you give Celeborn and Elrond each an elven bow, you can use them instead of Galadriel.

Oh, and then with Feathered, any minion that gets through the archery and thrown on Galadriel will have a tough time overwhelming her with a sword of the fallen.

Don’t use your Support of the Last Homely House or Swan Ship of the Galadhrim until you need them. Then when there are some tough minions, Elrond and Celeborn can fight, or Rumil or Orophin can throw out an extra archery wound.

As a general rule, keep Rumil and Orophin in good health, their texts can help a lot. And abuse the splendor of their banners. This can pump out up to three extra archery wounds, and then with your healing cards gets Galadriel into tip-top shape.

Well...what do you think? This is why I asked if allies can bear possessions.
Last edited by NBarden on Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:30 am; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:30 am
Oh, also comment on how I word the strategy section and what to change.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
JayPL
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:13 am
I am afraid you can play possessions on allies only when they are at their home site (which never happens unless you play block FotR format). Besides, looks very interesting, maybe add more pumps to protect Galadriel and/or include burden removal (Elf-song)
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:34 pm
I was thinking of burden removal but I don’t know where I’d put it. And with the stuff I give galadriel, she’s a respectable resistance 7.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
macheteman
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:35 pm
with the cards you have galadriel can reach 8 resistance. she starts at 4 (because she can spot herself, and then ring of rings, and phial.) however, you’re going to have to watch out for Anduin Confluence and Westemnet Village. and corruption. if you cannot control what sites you move into, Anduin confluence will rip you apart, especially when combined with corruption.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
JayPL
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:18 am
JayPL wrote:
I am afraid you can play possessions on allies only when they are at their home site

I guess this refer to transferring possessions, not playing them (both characters must be at the same site). Embarassed sorry for any confusion
Dravius
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:00 pm
Don’t forget to add Galadriel’s silver uwer when T&D comes out Wink
locutusaborg
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:32 pm
i would seriously suggest adding in either asfaloth elven steed for the +2 str or the newest one for resistance, but elven steed is better imho
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:44 pm
What if you’re not playing against orcs or uruk-hai? Your pretty much screwed if they use Raider men or Nazzies.
Sam-Wise
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:31 pm
I think it sounded very good, but I’m not a very good speller, so don’t go by me on the spelling.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats