LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:00 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Silly me...I’ve been spoiling cards from The Way Into Mordor for weeks, but I should have started with The Ring!

Here it is now, in both versions of its glory. Razz Enjoy!

The One Ring, The Precious Ring
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Each time the Ring-bearer is assigned to a skirmish, add a burden.
Response: If the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, he or she wears The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
“‘Master knows. Yes, precious. Once it takes hold of us, it never lets go.’”

This is the more common of the two. Kind of bleh, in my opinion, but then again, common Rings should be, right?

The One Ring, The Ring Of Power Ring
Strength +3
Vitality -1
The Ring-bearer is damage +1 and gains hunter 1.
Maneuver: Add a burden or 2 threats to wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to be wounded or overwhelmed, add 2 burdens instead.
“‘...a mighty gift. A weapon that will change our fortunes in this war.’”

This is, by far, the most powerful Ring found in any of my sets. It turns your Ring-bearer into a beast...but comes fraught with drawbacks in terms of vitality and burdens. Can be used very effectively, but at your own risk!
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:17 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Response: If the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, he or she wears The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
weird..kinda odd for a common ring.

Strength +3
Vitality -1
Maneuver: Add a burden or two threats to wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound or be overwhelmed, add 2 burdens instead.

could be worded: is about to be wounded or overwhelmed. I would kill the vitality - IMHO.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:28 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Vitality +1
Resistance +1

weird..kinda odd for a common ring.

That’s the whole point, my friend! Razz

sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Strength +3
Vitality -1
Maneuver: Add a burden or two threats to wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound or be overwhelmed, add 2 burdens instead.

could be worded: is about to be wounded or overwhelmed. I would kill the vitality - IMHO.

I respectfully disagree about the vitality, because that is (in my opinion) the only thing keeping it (barely) balanced.

Think about it. Without the vitality reduction, you could just choose to never actually wear this Ring, and turn your RB (especially one like Gandalf or Gimli) into a beast that would likely not lose their skirmish in the first place, and therefore not have to put on the Ring and take no burdens from it at all. They get ALL benefits without having to wear the Ring, remember.

With the vitality reduction, you have to think twice about choosing to not wear the Ring, because for most RBs, you’re leaving yourself with a very vulnerable 2 vitality. If you choose not to wear the Ring in maneuver and DO lose skirmishes, you can find your RB being killed off pretty easily. It also REALLY helps control using this with powerful RBs like Boromir, whose ability is KILLER with a strength booster like this. In his case, with only 2 vitality, you would have to choose to add 3 burdens any time he was assigned to a skirmish (as you CAN’T choose the other option: wounding him twice), and now you’re running a serious risk of corruption.

I’m curious to see what others think, though. Think
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
3 vitality is very vulnerable against a ton of decks. right now to take an archery
you are talking 3 burdens or 2 burdens and 2 wound for later. thats pretty hefty right there. I don’t think anyone would use it with he vitality reduction. Much better to use AtAR or RoD or SAWTC.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:37 pm
Hmmm. Think What if I changed it to a resistance -1 (or even -2) instead? I’d consider that...but I want to see what other reviewers think, too.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:47 pm
resistance -1 or 2 would work better.

though I still think ti would be found without any additional minuses.
"DáinIronfoot"
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:45 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Silly me...I’ve been spoiling cards from The Way Into Mordor for weeks, but I should have started with The Ring!

Here it is now, in both versions of its glory. Razz Enjoy!

Vitality +1
Resistance +1

This is the more common of the two. Kind of bleh, in my opinion, but then again, common Rings should be, right?

Common? Bleh? I really don’t think so. I think it’s actually quite interesting. Especially with that drawback.
Quote:
Strength +3
Vitality -1
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about be wounded or overwhelmed, add 2 burdens instead.

This is, by far, the most powerful Ring found in any of my sets. It turns your Ring-bearer into a beast...but comes fraught with drawbacks in terms of vitality and burdens. Can be used very effectively, but at your own risk!

Hmm...interesting, I agree that the vitality minus is too much. Resistance minus would be better, since you’re balancing things in terms of burdens.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:09 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Vitality +1
Resistance +1

Sweeeet ring, cant fault it. Impressed you have found a new way of phrasing a ring no1 else has so far!

Strength +3
Vitality -1
Maneuver: Add a burden or 2 threats to wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to be wounded or overwhelmed, add 2 burdens instead.

I never liked IB as 2 burdens is just painful. I wouldnt risk this its too "busy". Theres too much no it and a ring should be simple. I dont know quite how to review this as regards pros and cons so ill refrain. Razz Such a wuss! Look at me on the fence! Hello! *waves from fence*

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards