LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:40 am
Thranduil wrote:
I think these are now the last three Wargs.

2 Snapping Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Str: 6
Vit: 2
Sit: 5
At the start if each skirmish involving this minion, you may exert it and remove 2 to play an Orc condition from your discard pile.
... the commotion they made filled the forest.
H2 U 133

’if’ should be ’of’. Sorry i was of the firm belief that the smith was broken. Anything that gets conditions back so easily renders you playing condition removal pointless. I hate stuff like this and dont think it should be allowed. Its a balanced way to do it Thran, good card, but i disagree with the principle.

4 • Snarling Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Str: 9
Vit: 3
While you can spot 5 twilight tokens, each Orc Orc and Orc Warg gains terror 1.
... there were howls all around them now, getting nearer and nearer.
H2 R 134

Waaaaaay too hard. Terror is one of the nastiest game mechanics ive seen and needs to be controlled, this is far to easy a way to exert every companion. Would be better if just this dude gained it.

4 Ravenous Warg Orc
Minion • Warg
Str: 9
Vit: 3
Skirmish: Remove 2 to make an Orc Warg or mounted Orc Orc vitality +1.
Skirmish: Remove 2 to make an Orc Warg (or mounted Orc Orc) with 3 or more vitality strength +1.
Skirmish: Remove 2 to make an Orc Warg (or mounted Orc Orc) with 5 or more vitality damage +1.
H2 R 131

Yeah cool, bit dangerous with the first ability could get out of hand, im not sure alrtering vitality is a viable mechanism but looks ok.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:55 pm
Toned down the Snarling Warg, so I hope he’s okay now.

Now this is the last Orc card, and it has nothing to do with any other themes from this culture, except the running theme of card-drawing, and in fact relates to the Trolls Bert, Tom and William from the last set, who also like obscene card drawing.

1 Litter of Plunder Orc
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot an Orc Troll.
At the start of each skirmish involving an Orc minion, you may discard an Orc possession to draw a card.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert an Orc Troll to draw a card.
There were bones on the floor and a nasty smell was in the air...
H2 U 127

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:59 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
1 Litter of Plunder Orc
Condition • Support Area
At the start of each skirmish, you may discard an Orc possession to draw a card.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert an Orc Troll twice to draw a card.
H2 U 127

The one thing I don’t like is how you can discard an Orc possession during ANY skirmish. I’d limit that to skirmishes involving Trolls, or at least ones involving Orc minions.

But neat otherwise.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:27 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

1 Litter of Plunder Orc
Condition • Support Area
At the start of each skirmish, you may discard an Orc possession to draw a card.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert an Orc Troll twice to draw a card.
H2 U 127

I think the discarding ability is mediocre enough for it not to be a problem. and make the other ability one exertion.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:49 pm
Apart from any opinions on that last card, the Orc culture is now finished. Go here and here for Shire and sites respectively as we close this set, and any opinions on the culture as a whole would be greatly appreciated (for quick reference, look at the complete list on the first post of this thread).

Thanks guys! Thumbs Up

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:16 am
Thranduil wrote:
Toned down the Snarling Warg, so I hope he’s okay now.

Still think he’s too hard. I would vote for his x listing straight away. Needs to be just him or something. Plus u didnt fix the typo of "if" not "of" i mentioned in my review.

1 Litter of Plunder Orc
Condition • Support Area
At the start of each skirmish involving an Orc minion, you may discard an Orc possession to draw a card.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert an Orc Troll to draw a card.
H2 U 127

Sweet, no complaints.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:21 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Still think he’s too hard. I would vote for his x listing straight away. Needs to be just him or something. Plus u didnt fix the typo of "if" not "of" i mentioned in my review.

I did fix the typo in the end, but only in the complete list, not the post you were looking at.

Shelob, Queen of Spiders has basically the same text, except that it applies to all Spiders regardless of twilight tokens or vitality, and she’s enduring.

Keeping the flavour of the ability, what might you suggest to change to make him more balanced?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:24 am
Exhausting them is harder than wounding them. If you insist on making them all get terror maybe if they have 4 or more vitality?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards