LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
NBarden
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
--- description ---
Aggro Kithkin on the loose.
--- end description ---

Mana Base:

Plains x 17
Windbrisk Heights x 4

Creatures:

1-drops

Goldmeadow Harrier x 4
Goldmeadow Stalwart x 4

2-drops

Cenn’s Heir x 4
Knight of Meadowgrain x 4
Wizened Cenn x 4

3-drops

Kithkin Harbinger x 3

4-drops

Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile
Thoughtweft Trio x 4
Changeling Hero x 2
Cloudgoat Ranger x 2

Enchantments:

Militia’s Pride x 4

Instants:

Surge of Thoughtweft x 3

The point of the deck is to throw out Kithkin and watch them get big. Thoughtweft Trio can take all, and since it has first strike, usually kill all. If not, just block a bunch of people, shoot with Brigid, and then mop up with Thoughtweft Trio, and if necessary, take a little damage on him.

Changeling Hero is there for lifelink. Cenn’s Heir is your primary aggressive guy, especially when combined with Militia’s Pride. Speaking of which, Militia’s Pride is pretty helpful, especially with the Wizened Cenn.

Swing at them with all you got and hope you can pummel them to dust.
Last edited by NBarden on Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:53 pm; edited 2 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:08 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Deck looks fine to me, but a few pointers:

-Militia’s Pride is your most important card, at least 3.
-Goldmeadow Dodger sucks. It really does.
-Kithkling Harbinger is far less than impressive, and tutoring is not a powerful effect in aggro, if it comes at the expense of raw power.
-Thoughweft Trio is amazing, but remember, you can only have so many out. I’d probably stick with 2, or perhaps 3 and a 4th Militia, to champion with the Trio, avoding possible 2-for-1 situations, as well as not losing gas in the attacks.
I’d leave Brigid at the sideboard against other aggro decks, as well as that artifact that prevents damage to attacking creatures, can be really good in the deck. I’d maindeck Oblivion Ring, and perhaps bring Crib Swap in the board as well. I’d not maindeck it, because it doesn’t actually take off a blocker, since it leaves a 1/1 in it’s place,but it still takes careof some annoying stuff, soit could probably make it into the deck in some games, mainly against Elementals. I’d try my hand at some copies of the white hideaway land, easy to use in this deck, and I’d SERIOUSLY consider splashing green, even if only for Gaddock Teeg and perhaps some Changeling Titan, as well as Spring Cleaning and possibly some Rootgrapple.
Oh, and lose Changeling Hero, Cloudgoat Ranger is the way to go in such a deck! Twisted Evil
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:09 pm
I stuck Cloudgoat Ranger, but with firsthand experience as to how awesome Lifelink is and that in a Kithkin (since a Changeling IS a Kithkin), I have to use this guy. But I cut the dodger for 2 more Militia’s Pride and 2x Cloudgoat Ranger.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats