LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
What do you think about the Troll's Keyward + Warg combo?

Broken!  
54%
  [ 6 ]  54%

Balanced!  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

I've never played against it or used it.  
18%
  [ 2 ]  18%

Total Votes : 11
NappyKorn
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:28 pm
Laughing not biting just don’t want people whinning to me about how I said Men archery was broken. I never intended to say it was OP either just saidit is similiar in strength to Troll Swarm. Troll Swarm can hit or miss as well. You can alway out pump a troll, most skirmishing deck pack a way to make their comps ’Tanks’ and you need trolls in hand to make the Troll Swarm worth while not to mention you would really need at least 6 Trolls in hand (since the cheapest Trolls cost 6 when not roaming) to get the most bang for your buck. If you are running Hordes to get them back you need to control the site path to make that effective not to mention hope the Freeps don’t discard it, and most Freeps run some kinds of way to discard those conditions. So it like any deck has its flaws and it’s the opponent fault for not anticipating the attack. So not broken just really powerful same as Men archery if you don’t anticipate it you are doomed but if you fear it enough to incorporate some sort of defense for it you will be alright, not safe from it but better than dead.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
NBarden
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:35 pm
Troll’s Swarm is NOT hit and miss if you build it right.

Ever seen smallman’s deck? His deck isn’t hit or miss, its a kill at site 2 or 3, or MAYBE site 4 if you’re lucky.

Maybe the Troll Swarms you have gone up against aren’t tier 1, but from someone who has played a deck that consistently throws out 5 trolls at site 2, its overpowered. Perhaps broken.

The best way to run it is paired with a 30 cards Gandalf RB, 4 Gondorian Prowlers and Smeagol of some sort, roast a Prowler with Saved from the Fire, and thus, by the time site two rolls around, you have in your deck 30 shadow to about 18-19 FP.

That should get the trolls in your hand pretty efficiently.

Or go 9 comp starting in expanded with Saved from the Fire, and assuming an accurate ratio draw (most common), you’ve got around 14 FP cards in the deck!

Then another Saved From the Fire next turn to filter out 3 more and whatever you drew, chances are, you have less than 10 cards in deck!

Combine with Goblin Hordes, and its VERY easy to get Keyward, Mount and 6-7 trolls by site 3!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:55 pm
...or draw 9 cards in the regroup phase with the Seeing Stone and decide what you want to keep. Laughing

The way things are going, overpowered should be the new power, broken should be the new overpowered, and above all should be infinite loops regardless of how easy or difficult they are to set up.

Seriously though, I’d argue that something doesn’t have to be unbeatable in order to be fixed. Uruk Bomb and Elvents both got taken down a notch with the X’ing of Keeper of Isengard and Lady Redeemed, and neither decks were automatic game-winners. Uruk Bomb in particular had a specific hoser in Foul Creation. I bet you’ll still find people who’d say they weren’t broken.

Although in terms of casual play, I guess I’m just not riled up enough to push for errata or whatnot.

Apopatos wrote:
I can hardly say the troll-keyward-warg combo as broken since I have beaten it many times.

Decktypes, splashed magic bullets, or in-game strategies? I mean regardless of whether they’re broken, overpowered, or a herd of fluffybunnies, I could use some tips.

Can’t believe how far the original Uruks have fallen. Maybe it’s time to bring Keeper of Isengard back to bump them up a notch.
NappyKorn
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:05 pm
This whole thing has gotten out of hand. It doesn’t matter what anybody here says anyway, you will never change the views of another player whether he/she thinks something is broken or not. If AP thinks Troll Swarm is broken then let him think that and if you want to play Troll Swarm play it. The only thing that matters right now are the official rules and they say nothing about not being able to use a warg with Keyward. If AP plays someone using a Troll Sawrm and he doesn’t like it he can refuse to play the game or ask they change their deck but as for the offiavial rules at the moment nothing is keeping Keyward off a warg so screraming broken or not is pointless. If in future one or the other is errrated then I’m sure he will be overjoyed and have to rub it in everybodies face that is was right Very Happy (no offensive AP if I were you and that day came I’d let me and the other have it myself), but until that day Troll Swarm is a perfectly legit deck OP Broken or not. You can refuse to play against it refuse to use it but the fact of the matter is people will play it and there is nothing you can do except refuse the game. With all that said I’m out of this neverending debate.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:53 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
NBarden wrote:

I guess the words "Broken" and "Overpowered" are used interchangeably.

Yes, but they shouldn’t be.
Quote:
Frenzy was broken. Gamling’s horn is broken. Troll’s Keyward, insanely overpowered, but I’m not sure it could be considered broken.

Actually, Frenzy was also overpowered, IMO. When it was unerrataed. Gamling, yes, because of the combo.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Celebrimbor
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:51 pm
Troll’s keyward and Warg are OK. All it takes is shadowplay to shut the dude down, but not many people do that route.

Anyway decipher never took action. Shhh
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion