LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:59 pm
Okay, so I tried to introduce this to Dain, and I put a request out to EL to try his hand, but I’m convinced that this must be explored. So, I’m making a series of cards that revolve around the Smeagol signet.

0 •Smeagol, Riddler Gollum
Companion
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Ringed Signet: Smeagol
(Resistance 7). To play, add a burden.
While you cannot spot another companion except Bilbo, Smeagol is strength +2 and the shadow number of each site is -1.
Skirmish: If Smeagol is the Ring-Bearer, at the start of each skirmish involving him, exert two companions with the Smeagol signet or add two burdens.

2 •Bilbo, Riddler Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Signet: Smeagol
While you cannot spot another companion except Smeagol, Bilbo is strength +2 and cannot be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
Response: If Smeagol dies while bearing the One Ring, make Bilbo the Ring-Bearer (resistance 5).

1 •Riddles in the Dark Gollum
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert Smeagol.
Each time the fellowship moves moves from a marsh or underground site, remove 1 for each companion with the Smeagol signet you can spot.
Last edited by NBarden on Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:29 pm; edited 2 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:39 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
NBarden wrote:
Okay, so I tried to introduce this to Dain, and I put a request out to EL to try his hand, but I’m convinced that this must be explored. So, I’m making a series of cards that revolve around the Smeagol signet.

Companion
While you cannot spot another companion except Bilbo, Smeagol is strength +2 and the site number of each site is -1.
Skirmish: If Smeagol is the Ring-Bearer, at the start of each skirmish involving him, exert two companions with the Smeagol signet or add two burdens.

I think you mean the shadow number of each site is -1.

2 •Bilbo, Riddler Shire
Companion • Hobbit
While you cannot spot another companion except Smeagol, Bilbo is strength +2 and cannot be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
Response: If Smeagol dies while bearing the One Ring, make Bilbo the ring-bearer (resistance 5).

Ooh, me like the Bilbo-is-Smeagol’s-Sam idea.

2 •Riddles in the Dark Gollum
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves moves from a marsh or underground site, remove 1 for each companion with the Smeagol signet you can spot.
I’d make it cost 1 and to play, exert Smeagol.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:43 am
NBarden wrote:

Companion
While you cannot spot another companion except Bilbo, Smeagol is strength +2 and the shadow number of each site is -1.

You need to remove that Skirmish: bit because otheriwse its an ability you would just choose not to trigger and that would be daft.

2 •Bilbo, Riddler Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Response: If Smeagol dies while bearing the One Ring, make Bilbo the ring-bearer (resistance 5).

ring in ring bearer should be Ring and all in bold. Fine.

1 •Riddles in the Dark Gollum
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert Smeagol.

Could get way out of hand depending on how many companions end up with the smeagol signet but ok.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:35 pm
The way I look at Riddles in the Dark is this. The more companions, the more twilight removed, sure, but also, the more companions, the more twilight added on the move. Choke needs relatively few companions to work, thus, maximizing this card is rather pointless.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
NBarden
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:35 pm
Here’s another basic strategy using Smeagol.

0 •Smeagol, Captured Gollum
Companion
To play, add a burden.
Each minion skirmishing a companion with the Smeagol signet is site number +2.
Regroup: Exert 2 companions with the Smeagol signet and play Smeagol from your discard pile to discard a roaming minion and make the shadow number of each site -1 until the end of the turn.

3 •Faramir, Interrogator Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Ring-bound.
Smeagol is resistance -2 and damage +1.
Maneuver: Discard Smeagol to discard a roaming minion from play.

2 •Anborn, Ithilien Scout Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Skirmish: Discard Smeagol to wound a roaming minion skirmishing Anborn twice.

1 Cruel Men Hurts Us Gollum
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Discard Smeagol to make each companion with the Smeagol signet strength +1 until the regroup phase.
Last edited by NBarden on Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:55 am; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:12 am
NBarden wrote:
Here’s another basic strategy using Smeagol.

0 •Smeagol, Captured Gollum
Companion
To play, add a burden.
Each minion skirmishing a companion with the Smeagol signet is site number +2.
Regroup: Exert 2 companions with the Smeagol signet and play Smeagol from your discard pile to discard a roaming minion and make the shadow number of each site -1 until the end of the turn.

Cool.

3 •Faramir, Interrogator Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Ring-bound.
Smeagol is resistance -2 and damage +1.
Maneuver: Discard Smeagol to make the shadow player discard a roaming minion from play.

Sweet.

2 •Anborn, Ithilien Scout Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Maneuver: Discard Smeagol to discard a roaming minion from play.

Meh after faramir u could have at least done something different with this guy.

1 Cruel Men Hurts Us Gollum
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Discard Smeagol to make each companion with the Smeagol signet strength +1 until the regroup phase.

Alright.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards