LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:19 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I was positive I was right about this, but NK got me wondering, so I thought I’d find out for sure and quiet (hopefully) my guilty conscience....

Let’s say I’m using Gondor Wraiths, who are obviously better when exhausted. I have Pallando, Far-travelling One out. Now when I transfer him to, say, Shadow Host, I exhaust him. Can I go and transfer him the next turn to Shadow Host the next turn, when he is already exhausted? I thought for sure I could, but NK read the "Each time you transfer this to a non-Gandalf companion, exert bearer twice" as a requirement, not an option. I read it as something you can ignore if you can exert the bearer only once (or not at all), since it’s not part of the aid cost.

So, can you transfer Pallando to a non-Gandalf exhausted companion?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:30 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
It’s not part of any cost, it’s a "required" (AKA, not "you may exert...") effect, so you are "required" to carry out as much of the effect as possible.

So yes, you can transfer Pallando to an exhausted Gondor wraith.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Gartax
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:30 pm
you can transfer follower only once each maneuver phase.

this fall under the rule "at the start of "

an action at the start of a phase can only be triger once
Gartax
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:31 pm
sorry i miss read your post... Ad is right
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:43 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AgentDrake wrote:
It’s not part of any cost, it’s a "required" (AKA, not "you may exert...") effect, so you are "required" to carry out as much of the effect as possible.

Okay, that’s what I thought. I can’t just ignore it, but if I try and simply can’t, then I can...well, pretty much ignore it. Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions