LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:46 pm
0 I See and Hear! Gondor
Event * Skirmish
Exert a Gondor Man and make him resistance -X to make him strength +X (limit +5).
"’"I know the answer to many riddles."’"

1 Desperate Judgement Gondor
Event * Skirmish
Make a Gondor man resistance -3 and damage +2.
"’"But in desperate hours gentleness may be repaid with death."’"

After doing these two, I had to fast-forward to the Pyre of Denethor.

5 All Shall End Gondor
Event * Maneuver
Exert Denethor twice and make each unbound companion resistance -2 until the regroup phase to make each unbound companion strength +2 until the regroup phase.
"’"The West has failed. It shall all go up in a great fire, and all shall be ended. Ash! Ash and smoke blown away on the wind!"’"

2 Go Unto Death Gondor
Event * Skirmish
Exhaust a Gondor Man. That Man is enduring until the end of this skirmish.
"’"Why should we wish to live longer? Why should we not go to death side by side?"’"

2 Whithered In Flame Gondor
Event * Skirmish
Make a Gondor Man with resistance 0 strength +X and damage +X, where X is his printed resistance. Place that Man in the dead pile at the end of this skirmish.
He bowed and laid himself on the table, clasping the palantír with both hands upon his breast. And it was said that ever after, if any man looked in that Stone, unless he had a great strength of will to turn it to other purpose, he saw only two aged hands withering in flame.

0 *The Palantir of Minas Anor, Globe of Flame Gondor
Artifact * Palantir
Resistance: -2
Bearer must be Denethor.
Skirmish: Add a burden to discard a card at random from a shadow player’s hand. Make Denethor strength +X, where X was the twilight cost of that card.
And as he held it up, it seemed to those that looked on that the globe began to glow with an inner flame, so that the lean face of the Lord was lit as with a red fire, and it seemed cut out of hard stone, sharp with black shadows, noble, proud, and terrible.

2 *Denethor, Lost in Madness Gondor
Companion * Man
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 5
While Denethor has resistance 0, he is strength +3 and damage +1.
Skirmish: Exert Denethor to take a Gondor event from your discard pile into hand. Each Shadow player may draw a card.
"...there behind him stood the Lord of the City, tall and fell; a light like flame was in his eyes..."
Last edited by elf lvr on Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:26 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
0 I See and Hear! Gondor
Event * Skirmish
Exert a Gondor Man and make him resistance -X to make him strength +X.

The idea is nice, but the problem I have with this card is that there’s no limit. For an exertion and NO twilight, you can give a Man like Aragorn a ridiculous bonus. I’d cap it at +5 or +6, and/or instead of the exertion, add a burden. THAT would give it some cool flavor.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish

This one’s okay, I think, though again, simply adding a burden might be neater.

elf lvr wrote:
5 All Shall End Gondor
Event * Maneuver
Exert Denethor twice and make each unbound companion resistance -2 until the regroup phase to make each unbound companion strength +2 until the regroup phase.
"’"The West has failed. It shall all go up in a great fire, and all shall be ended. Ash! Ash and smoke blown away on the wind!"’"

If you make EACH companion resistance -2, you could bring the cost down significantly. Twisted Evil

elf lvr wrote:
2 Go Unto Death Gondor
Event * Skirmish
"’"Why should we wish to live longer? Why should we not go to death side by side?"’"

Cool!

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish
Make a Gondor Man with resistance 0 strength +X and damage +X, where X is his printed resistance. Place that Man in the dead pile at the end of this skirmish.
He bowed and laid himself on the table, clasping the palantír with both hands upon his breast. And it was said that ever after, if any man looked in that Stone, unless he had a great strength of will to turn it to other purpose, he saw only two aged hands withering in flame.

Comboed with the above, I can see why you made them reduce resistance. But I’m not sure this is worth it. Maybe make it cost 0.

elf lvr wrote:
Artifact * Palantir
Bearer must be Denethor.
Skirmish: Add 2 burdens to discard a card at random from a shadow player’s hand. Make Denethor strength +X, where X was the twilight cost of that card.
And as he held it up, it seemed to those that looked on that the globe began to glow with an inner flame, so that the lean face of the Lord was lit as with a red fire, and it seemed cut out of hard stone, sharp with black shadows, noble, proud, and terrible.

"Shadow" should be capitalized. I think the cost of the ability is WAY too much to be worth it most of the time. Perhaps just 1 burden?

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Man
Skirmish: Exert Denethor to take a Gondor event from your discard pile into hand.
"...there behind him stood the Lord of the City, tall and fell; a light like flame was in his eyes..."

The problem is that, unlike other Denethors with such powerful abilities, he has no drawback. Perhaps let the Shadow players draw a card or something whenever you use his ability.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:11 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
0 I See and Hear! Gondor
Event * Skirmish
Exert a Gondor Man and make him resistance -X to make him strength +X.
snazzy.

Event * Skirmish
judgment. not judgement.

5 All Shall End Gondor
Event * Maneuver
works

2 Go Unto Death Gondor
Event * Skirmish
I have to say, these are very interesting cards. balance is debatable, but certainly interesting.

Event * Skirmish
foddor companion becomes killer companion...then he dies Wink

Artifact * Palantir
Bearer must be Denethor.
Skirmish: Add 2 burdens to discard a card at random from a shadow player’s hand. Make Denethor strength +X, where X was the twilight cost of that card.
I would make it one burden

Companion * Man
Skirmish: Exert Denethor to take a Gondor event from your discard pile into hand.

snazzy.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:22 pm
1 Betrayed Himself Gollum FP
Condition * Support Area
Fellowship: Discard two Gollum Shadow cards from hand to take a Gollum Free Peoples card from your discard pile into hand.
"Let us remember that a traitor may betray himself and do good that he does not intend. It can be so, sometimes."

Now this harkens back to the very first cards posted for The Last Battle. This is a pretty simple card. But let’s see what you think of it.

3 *Faramir, Captain of the Vanguard Gondor
Companion * Man
Strength: 7
Resistance: 7
Ranger. Knight. Captain. Archer. Hunter 1.
’But if I should return, think better of me!’
Last edited by elf lvr on Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:57 am; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:08 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Fellowship: Discard two Gollum Shadow cards from hand to take a Gollum Free Peoples card from your discard pile into hand.
"Let us remember that a traitor may betray himself and do good that he does not intend. It can be so, sometimes."

Nice Thumbs Up

Now this harkens back to the very first cards posted for The Last Battle. This is a very basic card - maybe too basic. But let’s see what you think of it.

Companion * Man

Basic, but I like it.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:09 am
elf lvr wrote:
0 I See and Hear! Gondor
Event * Skirmish
Exert a Gondor Man and make him resistance -X to make him strength +X (limit +5).

I don’’t like limits much, and I’m not sure if you couldn’t reduce someone’s resistance to below 0. After all, if you have a guy with resistance 1 then have Our Foes Are Weak on him, his resistance isn’t -2, it’s 0. Assuming you can’t do that, I think it should definitely not have a limit as it requires you to have few burdens (which Gondor can’t remove very well) and if you want to go all out for an exertion and getting resistance 0, I say: ’be my guest!’

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish

Not good enough. Certainly make it free, or throw in a strength bonus as well.

elf lvr wrote:
5 All Shall End Gondor
Event * Maneuver

This rocks, but it could easily cost 3 or maybe even 2.

elf lvr wrote:
2 Go Unto Death Gondor
Event * Skirmish

AWESOME!

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Skirmish

Could easily cost 0 given that it’s contingent on him having resistance 0 and it kills him at the end of the fight.

elf lvr wrote:
Artifact * Palantir
Bearer must be Denethor.
Skirmish: Add a burden to discard a card at random from a shadow player’s hand. Make Denethor strength +X, where X was the twilight cost of that card.

Make it Seeing-Stone - I can’t cope with yet another version of this damn card! Also, I don’t think it should give a strength bonus. It should do things like removing twilight, drawing cards or revealing cards from your draw deck, but it is not a weapon of war.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Man
Skirmish: Exert Denethor to take a Gondor event from your discard pile into hand. Each Shadow player may draw a card.

He rocks!

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

I like it a lot! But, if there isn’t already, there should definitely be an equivalent Shadow card.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Man

He has far too many keywords for his cost. Bring his resistance down to 6, his strength down to 6 and throw in a huge spotting requirement (like 3 Gondor Men) and he’d just be balanced. Remember that Captain, Archer and Hunter are some of the most powerful keywords there are.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:35 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
I think it should be just one shadow card
Companion * Man

now that is interesting...I think you should cut one keyword. hunter prolly...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:38 am
elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

Sweet.

Companion * Man

Hmmm. Maybe just maybe he’s ok.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards