LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:04 am
So, there’s a problem with the Orc culture:

2 Frenzy of Arrows Orc
Event - Archery
Spot an Orc archer to add 2 to the minion archery total. If you do, you may add an additional 2 to the minion archery total for each follower you can spot.

I dare any of you to find me ONE Orc archer. Indeed. There are none.

They might as well have just banned the card; now it’s legal *and* useless.

I want to make a few Orc archers, but I’m going to try adding a unique spin to archery (we’ll see if I can).

2 Anduin Creeper Orc
Minion - Orc
Strength 5
Vitality 2
Site Number 4
While this minion has strength 6 or more, it is an archer.
"They seemed very near."

This is your basic Orc archer. Further below are some ways to pump him up to make him in to an archer.

4 Anduin Watcher Orc
Minion - Orc
Strength 7
Vitality 3
Site Number 4
While this minion has strength 8 or more, it is an archer.
Archery: If this minion is an archer, exert him twice to make the minion archery total +1.
"It was dark, but not too dark for the night-eyes of Orcs..."

So it turns out the first bit of text is the normal means to make an Orc archer. They don’t start out that way... you’ve got to work at it. But if you get this guy the strength +1, you can lay down 2 archery wounds.

3 Anduin Bowman Orc
Minion - Orc
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site Number 4
While this minion has strength 7 or more, it is an archer.
Archery: Exert this minion to make an Orc Orc strength +1 until the regroup phase.
"...he could glimpse black figures running to and fro upon the long shingle-banks that lay under the eastern shore."

And here’s how you can do it. By exerting this guy, you can bump an Orc into being an archer.

2 River-bow Orc
Possession - Ranged Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Orc Orc.
If the fellowship is at a river site, you may play this possession from your discard pile.
Archery: Remove 2 to heal bearer.
"At that moment there was a twang of bowstrings: several arrows whistled over them..."

Or you could just play this bow. And if you’re at a river, you can bring this possession back. And *then*, if you have ample twilight, you can heal your orcs and reuse their text again, and again. If the FP player floods the pool, he could be faced with serious peril.

2 Under Cover Orc
Event - Skirmish
Heal an Orc Orc. If that Orc is an archer, make it strength +3.
"Across the water there were shrill cries, but nothing could be seen."

And then the Orc archers fight! You can take all those pesky archery exertions away, leaving them ready to fight. And at +3, who wouldn’t be afraid?

5 ∙Anduin Captain Orc
Minion - Orc
Strength 11
Vitality 3
Site Number 4
While Anduin Captain has strength 12 or more, it is an archer.
At the end of the archery phase, you may heal an Orc minion for each Orc archer you can spot.
Skirmish: Spot an Orc minion that is not exhausted and exert Anduin Captain to make that minion strength +2.
"...he gazed into the night, seeking a mark to shoot at."

Topping it off, the leader. This guy can take away all of those archery wounds in one action, then exert himself to pump them up to fight.

These Orc guys can both shoot and fight, but not unless you focus on some fine deckbuilding. I like this batch.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:26 am
Applause

Fantastic. Im not even quoting them to review them cos i think theyre simply superb. What an awesome mechanism.

GP

Only comment is the event i think +3 is too much for 2 and a heal. Id cut it to +2.

But once again. Applause Frickin mint!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:21 am
I basically agree with everything lem0n said. Nice one!

There is of course the problem of Frenzy of Arrows being completely and totally broken if there are any Orc archers, but that’s Decipher’s fault.

I’m also not sure if the easy replaying of River-Bow defeats the point of making all these minions that work to get archer.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:52 am
Thranduil wrote:

Cool!

There is of course the problem of Frenzy of Arrows being completely and totally broken if there are any Orc archers, but that’s Decipher’s fault.

That was the one major sentence i missed out. It was stupid erratering so it was legal but useless but even more stupid cos it should just have been x-ed in the first place as no errate helps its just messed up.

I’m also not sure if the easy replaying of River-Bow defeats the point of making all these minions that work to get archer.

Could be a valid point.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:57 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:

And I agree with all that lem0n AND Thran said. Awesome batch of cards there, my friend. Applause Have a GP for the trouble.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:12 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
beautiful. So frenzy of arrows doesn’t work now. I am inclined to say they are slightly OP though...like abought everything else [orc] in fact.

GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:15 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
That was the one major sentence i missed out. It was stupid erratering so it was legal but useless but even more stupid cos it should just have been x-ed in the first place as no errate helps its just messed up.

Actually, I think Frenzy of Arrows would probably be fine if it’s text was:

’Spot an Orc minion to add 1 to the minion archery total. If you do, add 1 to the minion archery total for each follower attached to a companion.’

Still a very powerful card, but it means there’s something the FP player can do about it (apart from not put followers in their deck!)

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:41 pm
Apart from the fact that Orc archers in general are broken, period, I love these DCs. They’re as unbroken as Orc archers can be, however, the ability to give archer + Frenzy + Saruman = some pretty hard-hitting Orc archers.

But, the way you’re doing it is about as unbroken as possible. GP
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:58 pm
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
menace64
pm me your email address... i have an idea you may want to see for these orcs and i cant show it on the message boards for copywrite reasons
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards