LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
kingmj4891
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:00 pm
If i use a card to wound a minon during a skirmish and it kills that minion is the companion in the skirmish considered to have won that skirmish?

Example I use PATHs during a skirmish can i then use watch and wait to remove a burden.
NappyKorn
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:07 pm
Yes, I have asked this question before and someone gave me a great detailed explaination. So killing a minion during a skirmish with a wounding event/action is considered to by a win by that companion. I asked the same question when I built my Gollum deck. My situation was if Gollum, Stinker uses Not This Time to kill a companion can I use his text to add a burden for winning and also exert him to use Incited. I was told that wounding a companion to death is considered winning a skirmish Very Happy . I would believe it works the same for companions as well.

Also I believe your example is bad considering PATHS is used in a skirmish involving the Ring-Bearer and Watch & Wait can not be played on the Ring-Bearer. So even if you used PATHS to kill a minion skirmishing the Ring-bearer Watch & Wait would not remove a Burden since it can not be played on the Ring-Bearer. I hope you aren’t playing Watch and Wait on you Gandy RB Shocked , I’m hoping that was just something off the top of your head Razz
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
NBarden
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:16 pm
^^Ditto NK’s comment on Watch and Wait. Very important.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:29 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Wow...I never knew that. That brings back a few ideas I tossed out since I thought that wounding to death wasn’t considered a "win"....
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:31 am
I think I’d take it a little further and say that if all characters in one side of the skirmish are gone, then the other side wins the skirmish. I don’t have a quick PDF with rules here, but i guess i heard or read it somewhere.

Like unbound hobbits being discarded, for example; the minion he was skirmish wins the skirmish.

So wounding to death leads you to remove the character from the skirmish and if no more characters are on his or her side, you win the skirmish.
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:34 am
LeoKula is right ive heard that before and thats the way i play as well. If there are no people left on one side of the skirmish by death or discard or anything else, the remaining participant(s) wins.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:01 pm
kingmj4891 wrote:
If i use a card to wound a minon during a skirmish and it kills that minion is the companion in the skirmish considered to have won that skirmish?

Example I use PATHs during a skirmish can i then use watch and wait to remove a burden.
Only if the skirmish resolves and the companion has more strength than the remaining minions. Check out the Comprehensive rules document section on skirmish phase(s). It is quite possible for there to be winning minions and losing minions in a skirmish involving one companion, but a companion can only win if all minions in the skirmish lose.

There is a link to the Comprehensive Rules document here.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:16 pm
So, assume that someone has lowered my strength to 0 and I kill the minion. Who wins?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:38 pm
If a 0-strength companion wounds the only minion he is skirmishing to death, then the companion wins.

Merrick is referring to situations where there are multiple minions assigned to a companion. If one of the minions is wounded to death, that minion loses, but the companion doesn’t necessarily win because he is still fighting the remaining minion(s).
All cards do what they say.
NappyKorn
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:38 pm
Bib you are the MAN!
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions