LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:24 pm
Foresight wrote:
2 Harad Infantry Raider
Minion • Man
Strength: 6
Vitality: 2
Site Number: 4
Southron. To play, spot a Raider minion.
When you play this minion, you may add a threat.
Though some rode the backs of the great Mûmakil, many were foot soldiers.

Should be a condition for the ability. Maybe a Raider condition, or culture tokens, or something.

Foresight wrote:
2Southron Determination Raider
Condition • Support Area
Each Southron gains hunter 1.
Skirmish: Remove a threat to make a Southron strength +2.
Skirmish: Remove 2 threats to make a Southron damage +1.
It was the Haradrim’s relentless determination to hunt down their enemies that made them so deadly.

Great hunter bonus thing for southrons, but I’d increase the cost, increase the number of threats required, or decrease the strength bonus.

Foresight wrote:
4 Southron Marksman Raider
Minion • Man
Strength: 10
Southron. Aggressive. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)
When you play this minion, you may remove a threat and spot another Raider minion to exert a companion.
When he released his arrow, it found its mark.

Nice.

Foresight wrote:
3 Haradrim Scout Raider
Minion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 3
Site Number: 2
Southron.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may discard this minion and spot another Raider card to add 2 threats.
Some traveled ahead to evaluate obsticles and enemy fortifications.

Interesting, but I’d probably make him a 2 cost minion and add 1 threat.

Foresight wrote:
1 Black-Shafted Pike Raider
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Bearer must be a Southron.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may add a threat.
Southrons used weaponry forged from the black steel of Mordor.

Nice ’reprint’ of orkish ax.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Foresight
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:20 pm
I do not know if my stay on Cobra will be a long one, I’ll try but no guarantees. Either way, I’m reviving my old DC set and continuing from where I left off! Hello to Thranduil, Dain, NBarden, SOP, and everyone else who reviewed my cards in the past that I can remember! GP to anyone who can give me some decent reviews. I hope my DC-making abilities have not dulled since my last performance!

0Horn of the South Raider
Possession • Support Area
Upkeep - Remove a threat. (At the start of the regroup phase, you must remove a threat or discard this possession.)
While you can spot 2 threats, each Southron is strength +2.
While you can spot 4 threats, each Southron is ambush 1.
While you can spot 6 threats, each Southron is damage +1.
It was the horn of the commander that helped to kindle the fire in the eyes of the Haradrim.

I know I know, it doesn’t quite follow the theme of horns now does it? Well, this isn’t just any horn! It’s a horn with gametext that balances out with the upkeep (hopefully).

0 Headstrong Charge Raider
Event • Assignment
Make a Raider minion aggressive until the regroup phase. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.) Also, if that minion is the only aggressive minion you can spot, it is strength +2 until the regroup phase.
The Easterlings fell upon their targets with much aggression and hate.

3 Disruptive Southron Raider
Minion • Man
Southron. Ambush 1
Skirmish: While you can spot 2 twilight tokens, exert this minion to make the Free Peoples player choose one: Add a threat or discard a card at random from hand.

Ouch is all I can say if used in combination with Seasoned Leader! Wink That’s it for now!
Last edited by Foresight on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:24 am; edited 2 times in totalIn his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
legoles3333
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:42 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Foresight wrote:
I do not know if my stay on Cobra will be a long one, I’ll try but no guarantees. Either way, I’m reviving my old DC set and continuing from where I left off! Hello to Thranduil, Dain, NBarden, SOP, and everyone else who reviewed my cards in the past that I can remember! GP to anyone who can give me some decent reviews. I hope my DC-making abilities have not dulled since my last performance!

im sure they haven’t Very Happy

Upkeep - Remove a threat. (At the start of the regroup phase, remove a threat or discard this possession.)
Each Southron is strength +1 for each threat you can spot.
It was the horn of the commander that helped to kindle the fire in the eyes of the Haradrim.

Nice

I know I know, it doesn’t quite follow the theme of horns now does it? Well, this isn’t just any horn! It’s a horn with gametext that balances out with the upkeep (hopefully).

yeah it does

Event • Assignment
Make a Raider minion aggressive until the regroup phase. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)
The Easterlings fell upon their targets with aggression and hate.

hmm if there are minons that key off of havng the Aggressive keyword maybe make it cost 1

Minion • Man
Southron. Ambush 1
Skirmish: While you can spot 2 twilight tokens, exert this minion to make the Free Peoples player choose one: Add a threat or discard a card at random from hand.

kewl

Ouch is all I can say if used in combination with Seasoned Leader! Wink That’s it for now!
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:09 am
Foresight wrote:
Wow mental youre back. Where you been?

Upkeep - Remove a threat. (At the start of the regroup phase, remove a threat or discard this possession.)
Each Southron is strength +1 for each threat you can spot.

Hmm crazily powerful. Tone down immensely. Southrons add threats like fools so the upkeep is nice but not enough to stop it from being OP. L:eave the upkeep just cap the ability or conditon it like each southron with 3 or more vitality for example.

Event • Assignment
Make a Raider minion aggressive until the regroup phase. (Skirmishes involving aggressive minions must be resolved before any others.)

Fine.

Minion • Man
Southron. Ambush 1

Sweet.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:04 am
Foresight wrote:

Wow! Haven’t seen you in ages! Good to have you back, even if it’s for a short time.

Foresight wrote:
Each Southron is strength +1 for each threat you can spot (Limit +3).

I don’t like limits much. How about a burrito like ’While you can spot a threat each Southron is strength +1’ then a similar line for 3 and 5?

Foresight wrote:
Event • Assignment

Shadow events are not normally very useful. Perhaps a higher cost for a higher ability?

Foresight wrote:
Minion • Man
Southron. Ambush 1

Replace ’while’ with ’If’. Discarding cards at random is a bit of an NPE, but nice card!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:33 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Foresight wrote:

Wow! Haven’t seen you in ages! Good to have you back, even if it’s for a short time.

I second that. I was wondering what ever became of you. Welcome back, my friend. Very Happy

Foresight wrote:

Ah, upkeep. I remember that, and it’s STILL a cool idea. Smile I like either Thran’s idea--with incremental bonuses at 1 threat, 3 threats, and 5 threats or something--or lem0n’s idea, where it’s limited to minions with a certain vitality. Probably would lean towards Thran’s idea, though.

Foresight wrote:
Event • Assignment

Yeah, not bad, but unless simply having aggresive has more benefits than I remember, I’d recommend throwing in a small strength bonus or something as well. Maybe ambush?

Foresight wrote:
Minion • Man
Southron. Ambush 1

Unpleasant, but okay since the FP has the choice. No need for "Add" to be capitalized in this case, though, and Thran already pointed out one other little grammar thing.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:41 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Foresight wrote:

seems like the title should be more unique. Mumak chieftains horn or something

Event • Assignment
cool! maybe and damage +1 if an easterling?

Minion • Man
Southron. Ambush 1

I would change it to maneuver.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:27 am
Love the changes!

All I would say is to replace ’also’ on the second card with ’then’, but that’s really pedantic.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards