LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
orian
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:44 am
Ok, we generally don’t have many rules problems in our playground cause most people play online, so most of cases we know.

but this one divided us yesterday

Frodo is ring bearer with the one ring, such a weight to carry
Sam is exhausted

during maneuver phase, Frodo wears the one ring

during skirmish phase,
Frodo skirmish starts and he is overwhelmed
Sam takes the ring and then loses his own skirmish later

does he take a wound and is killed?
or does he takes a burden and survives (since ring bearer is still wearing the one ring)?

thanks a bunch to people who remember this.
I must admit I’m quite sure of myself but some people were quite sure of the opposite too Laughing
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
bibfortuna25
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:06 am
Frodo was the one wearing the Ring, not Sam. Sam takes a wound and dies in your situation.
All cards do what they say.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:28 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I would have to agree
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:59 am
(moved to Gameplay forum)
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:02 am
When in doubt always read the rules... from the Comprehensive Rule Book 4.0 Page 13 under losing the game

"A player loses the game if his Ring-bearer is killed (see overwhelmed), unless he uses game text allowing another character to carry on as Ring-bearer.
Many versions of Sam may become the Ring-bearer if Frodo is killed.
When a new character becomes your Ring-bearer, he is not wearing The One Ring, even if the old Ring-bearer was wearing it when he was killed."

Now you can go to them and point it out and let them argue about it all they want. You have the proof that your interpretation is correct.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
orian
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:24 am
yep. thx
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:45 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Merrick_Hale wrote:
When in doubt always read the rules... from the Comprehensive Rule Book 4.0 Page 13 under losing the game

"A player loses the game if his Ring-bearer is killed (see overwhelmed), unless he uses game text allowing another character to carry on as Ring-bearer.
Many versions of Sam may become the Ring-bearer if Frodo is killed.
When a new character becomes your Ring-bearer, he is not wearing The One Ring, even if the old Ring-bearer was wearing it when he was killed."

Now you can go to them and point it out and let them argue about it all they want. You have the proof that your interpretation is correct.

cool merrick hale what would we do without you. Very Happy
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:18 pm
Sit in a corner and rock back and forth while crying softly? Wink

No seriously, I like making sure that all the rules are followed correctly and usually I do a pretty good job of remembering what they are and then interpreting them in odd situations. Bib is another good rules resource. Even though he doesn’t point out the page in the rules where the ruling can be found, he has only been wrong once or twice (assuming he is the same person as on D’s boards) so he gives correct rulings consistently.

I to know where to find the rule. Thus, I post the pages or direct quotes so people have proof to show others when trying to back up their argument.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:41 pm
Merrick_Hale wrote:
Sit in a corner and rock back and forth while crying softly? Wink

No seriously, I like making sure that all the rules are followed correctly and usually I do a pretty good job of remembering what they are and then interpreting them in odd situations. Bib is another good rules resource. Even though he doesn’t point out the page in the rules where the ruling can be found, he has only been wrong once or twice (assuming he is the same person as on D’s boards) so he gives correct rulings consistently.

I to know where to find the rule. Thus, I post the pages or direct quotes so people have proof to show others when trying to back up their argument.

oi i see
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions