LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:33 pm
Singing and Hoarse Shouting - interesting alternative to War Towers. I didn’t get the chance to examine your other DCs but Southron site control is IMO not very good. For now I’d probably stick with War Towers.

Sense of Duty - I think preventing the Ring-bearer from being assigned would save headaches down the road. (The again Decipher made Nertea DH, so....) Or possibly tweak the number of threats / require spotting X companions to give the Free Peoples player a bigger safety net, since the number of companions in play can be controlled. But it’s hard to make a judgment about it on paper, except to say it looks very cool. Razz
Last edited by Elessar's Socks on Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:16 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Hmmm. I might be winding down with Southrons...but of course, we haven’t done any Easterlings yet, so there’s plenty of good stuff left. Smile

Anyway, we’re not done with Southrons JUST yet. Here’s a little more on threats, which I’ve made a big theme with them instead of the original Towers blocks’ burdens (I’m saving THOSE for Easterlings Twisted Evil). Enjoy!

1 Singing and Hoarse Shouting Raider
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Southron to add a threat (or add 3 threats if you control a site).
“At first it seemed a long way off, but it drew nearer: it was coming towards them.”

Nice. A fairly decent card if you don’t have sites controlled, and dang good if you do.

3 Sense of Duty Raider
Event • Assignment
Remove 3 threats to assign a Raider minion to a companion. The Free Peoples player may discard a companion (except the Ring-bearer) to prevent this.
“‘War will make corpses of us all.’”

Nah, I don’t think it’s broken. If you just had to spot the threats, then...
*Maybe* make it exert the minion, too, though.

And yes, I intend for this to potentially work on the Ring-bearer. Too powerful?
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:55 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Event • Maneuver
“At first it seemed a long way off, but it drew nearer: it was coming towards them.”

Yeah.

3 Sense of Duty Raider
Event • Assignment
Remove 3 threats to assign a Raider minion to a companion. The Free Peoples player may discard a companion (except the Ring-bearer) to prevent this.

Hmm it could be too powerful DI, stuff like between nazgul and prey stop u doing it for a reason.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:07 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Maneuver

Blech! Sick I think I’d rather use War Towers any day, largely due to my prejudice against stupid site control.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
3 Sense of Duty Raider
Event • Assignment

And yes, I intend for this to potentially work on the Ring-bearer. Too powerful?

Yes. Awesome card otherwise. Perhaps the cost could be reduced to make it unbound?

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
!

Event • Maneuver
I would make it 2 or 4 IMSO

3 Sense of Duty Raider
Event • Assignment

I think this is fine.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:49 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Maneuver

I’d either change the spotting to an exertion or 3 threats to 2. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
3 Sense of Duty Raider
Event • Assignment

Hmmm... really good with stuff like Mumak Commander, not to mention everything you’ve made. A Ninja Gollum / Raider hybrid deck with this card... Freeps death at 4 or 5. Shocked

I’d bump the cost to 5. Smile
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:31 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
First off, I haven’t been saying "thanks" for reviews nearly enough lately. I used to thank everyone who reviewed, but I’ve lost that somewhere along the way.

So...thank you for the reviews, all! I DO appreciate them, always, even if I forget to tell you that. Thanks! Mr. Green

I raised the cost of Sense of Duty significantly, but otherwise left it (and Singing and Hoarse Shouting, which seems OP to some and UP to others) alone. Better now, or do I need to do something else?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:34 pm
Probably fine. I’m still more likely to use War Towers, however. Perhaps increase the cost and the number of threats?

Other than that, all looking good. Thumbs Up

Also, you don’t need to thank us. Can you imagine how bored we’d be if we didn’t review every card in sight? Very Happy

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:36 am
Thranduil wrote:

Also, you don’t need to thank us. Can you imagine how bored we’d be if we didn’t review every card in sight? Very Happy

Thranduil

I hear that. Thanks for giving me something to do to break the monotony of work.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards