LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:56 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
If someone controls it, then you won’t be at it, so its text is irrelevant. I’m not sure why that bit is necessary - flavourful yes, but has no actual effect. I think I’d remove it or make a minor universal ability to replace one of those above.

Yes, but it COULD be controlled before you move from it. Note that it lets you heal when you move away, too, so an opponent that is able to control the site (and thus discard this condition) before you get to move again will prevent that healing.

Thranduil wrote:
On a side note, it could be a ’Condition • Site’.

Yeah, I’d thought about it, but the rules...eh, what the heck? Consider it done.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:57 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Thranduil wrote:
If someone controls it, then you won’t be at it, so its text is irrelevant. I’m not sure why that bit is necessary - flavourful yes, but has no actual effect. I think I’d remove it or make a minor universal ability to replace one of those above.

Yes, but it COULD be controlled before you move from it. Note that it lets you heal when you move away, too, so an opponent that is able to control the site (and thus discard this condition) before you get to move again will prevent that healing.

But you can only control a site when all players have moved past it.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:01 pm
Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Thranduil wrote:

But you can only control a site when all players have moved past it.

...ah, right. That’s what I get for never getting into a situation like that. Not like riding a back...lack of use, and you CAN forget! d'oh!

Okay, I’ll just drop that part, I guess.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:32 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2 Elven Waystation Elven
Condition • Site
To play, spot 2 Elves.
When the fellowship moves to or from this site, you may heal a companion.
The twilight cost of each Elven possession and artifact played at this site is -1.
“‘Weapons...provisions! The Elves are very resourceful.’”

cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:40 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2 Elven Waystation Elven
Condition • Site
To play, spot 2 Elves.
When the fellowship moves to or from this site, you may heal a companion.
The twilight cost of each Elven possession and artifact played at this site is -1.
“‘Weapons...provisions! The Elves are very resourceful.’”

Cool. Though the name gives me an insane urge to make a DC parody of it called elven playstation! You think AP will accept doctored DC’s? Smile
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:02 pm
Go for it, lem0n. I can just picture Elrond with an Agent Smith-like expression throwing his controller at the screen in frustration. Razz

It’s SO hard making cards without a proper script from The Third Age, but here are a couple more based around the Elves helping out your other companions. Enjoy!

0 Favor of the Elves Elven
Condition
Resistance +1
To play, exert an Elven companion. Bearer must be an unbound companion.
Each time you play an Elf, you may heal bearer.
“‘Many have lived thousands of years, and possess wisdom and ability far beyond that of mortal men. And now one of their kind has smiled upon you.’”

Too weak? Should I perhaps just spot an Elf to play it, or lower the cost to 0?

1 Grace of the Valar Elven
Event • Regroup
Spell. Spot an Elf to heal another companion.
At the end of the fellowship phase, you may exert an Elf and add 1 to take this event into hand from your discard pile.
“‘To you I bestow this gift of my people. It braces the soul and binds the hearts of others.’”

Do you think this is appropriately-costed? I wasn’t QUITE sure about the balance....
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:25 am; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:59 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1 Favor of the Elves Elven
Condition
Resistance +1
“‘Many have lived thousands of years, and possess wisdom and ability far beyond that of mortal men. And now one of their kind has smiled upon you.’”

Why not make it a support area condition? When you play an elf heal someone?

Event • Regroup
At the end of the fellowship phase, you may exert an Elf and add 1 to take this event into hand from your discard pile.
“‘To you I bestow this gift of my people. It braces the soul and binds the hearts of others.’”

Why the end of the fellowship phase? Just seems odd. I think its perfectly fine otherwise.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:06 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Favor of the Elves Elven
Condition
Resistance +1

Too weak? Should I perhaps just spot an Elf to play it, or lower the cost to 0?

I really like it. If it were support area, it would just be a crazy Refuge. Might bring it to 0 though - I like the exertion.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Regroup

Do you think this is appropriately-costed? I wasn’t QUITE sure about the balance....

Given that Elves are supposed to be good at healing, I think it should be fellowship or regroup, and perhaps return to your hand each time you move. Reminds me a lot of one of my cards from the Fall of Eregion... Wink

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:17 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

0 Favor of the Elves Elven
Condition
Resistance +1
cool!

Event • Regroup

I would cut cost to I would make it put it on top of your draw deck, prevent losing. or maybe play it then remove it from the game...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards