LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
Shizknight
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:10 pm
Green Treefolk deck... No B or W just good ol’green

4- Treefolk Harbinger
4- Bosk Banneret
4- Dauntless Dourbark
4- Timber Protector
4- Llanowar Elves
4- Seed-Guide Ash
2- Leaf-Crowned Elder
2- Search for Tomorrow
4- Battlewand Oak
3- Heartwood Storyteller
3- Rootgrapple
22- Forest

Get out as many treefolk as fast as possible and molly whoop ur opponent

Simple Combos:

Dautless Dourbark and/or Battlewand Oak + Seed-Guide Ash
Dautless Dourbark and/or Battlewand Oak + Leaf-Crowned Elder
Tmber Protector + Anything except the elves
NBarden
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:41 pm
Meh. Treefolk just don’t pack the punch without Doran. I know you wanted it mono-green, but I think just a little dabbling with White/Black can make the deck a LOT stronger.

I recommend adding in 4x Murmuring Bosk plus some Doran. It will make you hit a lot harder. And the Treefolk Harbinger will make sure you can nab the Bosk.

At the VERY LEAST add Garruk. His ability to untap lands in insane. Plus, he lets you turn out a Doran with only 1 Murmuring Bosk in play, if you decide to splash enough to handle Doran.

Oh, and where’s the best Treefolk of them all, Changeling Titan? Very Happy Especially with Bosk Banneret, he can turn into a 2-3 drop 7/7 Treefolk for dirt cheap.

I would also recommend dropping the Llanowar Elves in favor of Mwonvuli Acid-Moss. Combined with Rootgrapple targeting lands, I think you have a potent way of effectively taking down lands while setting up your mana base. Also, I would cut the Seedguide Ash, I love him, but in this deck, you would be better off just packing extra forests, or a couple each Garruk and Changeling Titan. You just have to pack some way to sac him fast, otherwise, he’s really not worth it.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:10 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I’d pack 2 Titans tops, but OF COURSE Garruk is a must! Also, where’s Primal Rage?!?!? I don’t think Llanowar Elves will make that much of a difference, I’d drop them for 4 copies of Search for Tomorrow. Also, Rootgrapple is a tad expensive without banneret, but I guess you COULD keep it, but as NBarden said, then pack Mwonvuli Acid-Moss, making it a 2-card combo follow-up, with Moss/Rootgrappe, great land-killer! Also, I miss decks with sideboards, so I’d suggest, for this one, Eyes of the Wisent. Also, Cream of the Crop might be useful. Problem is, treefolk are just slow without white or black to give them some control tools for the early game, namely removal.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:39 am
Wow. I say something, and then F_M comes along and says I had good advice?

Shocked What is this world coming to?
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:46 pm
Well, if you want me to be that guy, suggesting either Garruk and/or Tarmogoyf (or even both) in ANY deck packing green OR able to come up with green mana consistently (specially in the case of Tarmogoyf, which is ALSO missing... Razz) is not exactly "advice", is a requirement. Wink
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:26 pm
Why is goyf missing?

Because its not a treefolk.

Why do we care? Because big dirt cheap treefolk swinging hard getting pumped indestructibly pwns a cheap, wimpy, killable goyf.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:55 pm
Why Goyf sees more gameplay? Because he’s ALWAYS big, and ALWAYS cheap, you don’t need to play 2-3 to make them bigger~/better by stacking effects, plus it’s easier to slip a Goyf past a counter deck than most relevant Treefolk. But I also wouldn’t use Goyf, just for style points. After all, it IS a Tribal Deck! Wink
I don't like YOU.
Shizknight
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:18 pm
what is up with you guys and the doran and tarmogoyf? and yes i love garruk but he doesn’t help much giving his bonus whenever you already have biggo treefolk already w/ trample. and yes his mana ability is nice but thats why i got the llanowar elves in there they’ve always been good to me
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:29 pm
Llanowar Elves VS. Shock = loss in tempo and one less creature.
Garruk VS. Shock = loss in killing speed and a free path for your beaters.
Not to mention Garruk can ALSO churn out 3/3s after a board-clearer, which he dodges.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)