LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
NappyKorn
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:51 am
After all the hype about Ferny., Agent of Saruman I decided to give it a try Thumbs Up. Let Me know what you think.

Minions: ( 18 )
x3 Bill Ferny, Agent of Saruman
x3 Mouth of Sauron, Messenger of Mordor
x4 Sunland Scout
x4 Sunland Trooper
x4 Sunland Warrior

Conditions: ( 4 )
x2 Last Days
x2 Countless Companies

Possessons: ( 5 )
x3 Cerimonial Armor
x2 Pavise

Events: ( 8 )
x4 Gathering Strength
x4 In the Wildman’s Wake

Strategy:

Like any Ferny deck you must keep Ferny unwounded and get him on the RB. I decided to go with a Men possession stacking deck to achieve this. None of your minions in this deck should see a skirmish with the exception of Ferny and The Mouth of Sauron. The rest get played and use their text to discard (actually stack on your possessions) during the Maneuver Phase. They do a couple of things when they do this. First they trigger your Last Days to play Ferny for free, next (Scout discards Freeps conditions, Warrior makes Ferny and extra strength +2, and Trooper adds extra twilight for the pricey Gathering strength and other pumps). The Mouth of Saruman simply helps setup quickly grabbing Last Days and the needed Cerimonial Armors. The Pavise can help Ferny if you decide to play him in the shadow phase to keep him unwounded (it also helps at Wold Battlefield incase you can’t overwhelm you can exert him 3 times to make him Damage +3 Twisted Evil ). After getting tons of your minions stacked on Cerimonial Armor you can use that to help cancel any wounds Ferny may be taken by simply discarding a stacked minion to prevent it, or with In the Wildman’s Wake you can pump him pretty large (depending on the number of minions stacked on it) for just 1 twilight.

Example:

You play x2 Sunland Warriors to Wold Battefield. During the Maneuver Phase you discard one of the Warriors triggering Last Days, playing Ferny from hand for free and making him a strength 6 now. After Ferny is played you discard the 2nd Warrior (stacking him on Cerimonial Armor as well) giving Ferny an additional strength +2 bonus, so now he is 8. Say you already had 4 Men minions stacked on Cerimonial Armor (not hard to do since all but Mouth and Ferny stack themselves on it during the Maneuver Phase) now you have 6 minions stacked. Ferny goes unwounded and gets assigned the the RB. You play Gathering strength Ferny is now a 14, and then you play an In the Wilman’s Wake (now Ferny is an awesome 20). If the RB pumps enough to not be overwhelmed you can still exert Ferny twice to make him damage +2 (and you also have the option of Discarding Cerimonal Armor to give him another Damage +1). That causes 4 burdens for that one skirmish if the RB decides to wear the Ring Twisted Evil . After a time or 2 of that the RB will either become corrupted or forced to take the fatal wounds.

Let me know what you think of this deck. Any questions or critizism is always welcome so fire away Thumbs Up. Forgive any typos and spelling errors Very Happy

Thanks,

NK
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
NBarden
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:45 pm
PACK 4X PAVISE!!!!!!!! Ceremonial Armor for the Oath. Oath’s much better as you can chuck it for a str +2 pump.

The deck’s just to slow. Countless Companies + Mouth + Pavise = enough ways to keep Ferny unwounded. Or just avoid it altogether and go with the discard to play from discard pile and Saruman, Coldly Still.

Usually, Ferny will have to force the Freeps to take some burdens. What’s better than War Trident? At very least, its a str +2 bonus, and I pack 2 in my deck. May also want to pack Henchman’s Dagger. I also pack 1x Beast of War, just because its str +3, and, even funner, if they have a threat, you get Ferny fierce, meaning he gets to double burdens for near corruption.

Ferny is typically run site control style, with Rapt Hillman, that Chief dude and some twilight generation (Oath’s Sworn, anyone?)
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:53 pm
Ceremonial Armor is needed to stack the Sunland guys for In the Wild Men’s Wake. Although I’m thinking other pumps and getting Gathered Strength together faster could do the same trick. It’ll probably take a while to stack minions and assemble Ferny and pumps, leaving the fellowship open to run.

Might also consider Dark Horseman for a +9 pump against mono-culture non-wounding decks.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:21 am
Wildman’s Oath stacks as well, IIRC.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:07 pm
Shocked I could’ve sworn when I checked yesterday that first line wasn’t there. Pft. Oath looks better to me too, then.
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:17 am
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
Make sure you have x4 oath’s sworn and try to have some site control in there. It really makes for a frustrating game for your opponent. Cool
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard