LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
How playable is The Balrog, Demon of Might?

5 (Best)  
88%
  [ 22 ]  88%

12%
  [ 3 ]  12%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 25
TheHobbit13
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:18 am
i am just saying that we should be thankful that deciphar made 19 sets... and we should stop whining about the broken cards
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:28 am
Strangely enough I wasn’t whining about the broken cards (as there are always ways around a broken deck - see ithilien blade/madril). I am incredibly grateful to Decipher and have been loyal to them for the last 6 years. When everyone was giving them a huge amount of grief, I was supporting them and standing up for them so I don’t appreciate being told I’m "whining".

My point was I would rather they had not done 19 sets where the last few were incredibly hit and miss. I would have preferred after Bloodlines a single set that had a lot of thought and effort put into it (like rejigging the Hunter’s keyword) and then have the Age’s End set which would wow everyone (prefereably capitalising more on the Fellowship keyword).
http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=harrisonl
(needs updating)

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Best. Film. Ever.
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:30 am
That wouldnt have been too bad an idea, cos certainly the last sets have been most up for debate no matter what ur stance on broken cards. Ages End suits me fine, but i see your point BoQ.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:32 am
Thanks LH. I like Age’s End for what it is worth, I just think that there are ways that it could have been improved (like the fellowship keyword).

I just get a bit riled as one of the things I am against are people avidly complaining about Decipher, I was merely making an observation
(needs updating)

lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:34 am
Yeah fellowship had so much potential it really could have had so much more made out of it. A lot better than hunter anyways! Ah well.

Better stop going off topic.

The Balrog is ACE!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:35 am
Yeah, more cards working around Fellowship would have been a great boon to the game...but you’re right, go Balrog! Very Happy
(needs updating)

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:50 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
but without the expansions to expand fellowship, I don’t think it could have been very good. but as it is they could have gotten rid of it entirely...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
gil-estel
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:20 am
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
I’m like Lurtzy...bumping old threads. It is so easy to build a deck around this guy. Play that event that says: reveal any number of orcs to make the cost -2 for each orc revealed. I have a deck in which I added his sword and his whip...pretty nasty. Sure a strong Durin can counter this dude, but a 21 fierce damage +3 dude is kinda cool in my opinion!
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:52 pm
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
One of the best minions of Age’s End. Applause
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants