LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:25 pm
This could easily become overpowered, especially if the companions have high vitality (> 2) or strength (> 6). Play them to absorb a few wounds or skirmishes and bounce them back to your hand to replay fully healed.

So I think there should be a drawback (besides potentially clogging your hand) or something that makes those wounds/skirmishes meaningful to the Shadow player.

For example:

To play, add a threat.
At the end of the turn, add a threat to return this companion to your hand.

The general idea is you can’t keeping abusing these guys without someone eventually dying. Obviously needs work though with the plentiful threat removal out there, plus the text is a mouthful.

As for guerrilla, personally it reminds me of Mexican gunslingers riding around on horseback. Laughing Even if the definition fits there’ll always be that association to it that doesn’t feel LotR-ish to me.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:01 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I think that having to play them only in regroup, then returning them to hand at the end of the turn, would be cost enough. Especially if they’re not the strongest. That means, in order for them to be useful, you have to double-move.

Take a card like this, for example...

2•Ithilien Ambusher Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 5
Ranger. Concealed.
If the fellowship has moved more than twice this turn, each minion is site number +2.

He’s not very strong, and he’s mostly useful for a double or triple move. Especially a triple move, when his text really kicks in.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:13 am
I consider them returning to hand to be a potential advantage because the Shadow player would have wasted minions/wounds on them. Anything that fiddles with the Rule of 9 deserves some extra caution, IMO.

Anyway, just throwing out the potential for abuse--I think the concept is pretty interesting as well. (And I think "concealed" sounds good. Wink)
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:39 am
Any keyword can be overpowered. Toil 8 would have been OP but it was controlled to nor more than 3. I wanna see an example from CBB to see how he plans to use and control it. I reckon it has great potential.

BTW nice card CG.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:46 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I think cards like CG’s should trigger with just a plain double move...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Celebrimbor
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:19 pm
Interesting DC ideas.

I want the keyword to look something like this:

3 Concealed Ranger Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
vitality: 3
Res: 6
Ranger. Concealed.(This companion may be played during the maneuver phase. At the end of your turn, either discard this companion or return him to hand.)
Regroup: Exert this companion twice to remove a threat.

Pretty basic design. Concealed keyword can be changed to anything else we want. The point is to play the companion during the maneuver, thus not giving a huge amount of twilight to feed the shadow’s minions.

Also, it would be cool to introduce "camouflage" cards, which stack concealed companions on them, replaying them each turn.

Suggestions!!!
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:01 am
Suggestions: Keep it up i love this its awesome. The above card is almost balanced and has great potential. Though its slighlty UP twice to remove 2 threats maybe.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:00 pm
OK I’m back on you guys with that. I’m going to host a (small) DC contest, for playing around with this keyword. It’ll be fun!
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards