LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
NBarden
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:07 pm
--- description ---Using Tarmogoyf and a bunch of other stuff to pump to oblivion.
--- end description ---

Here goes my attempt at a goyf deck!

IIRC, there are 8 different card types.

Creatures, Artifacts, Enchantments, Lands, Instants, Sorceries, Tribal, Planeswalker.

Not sure if Legendary counts or not. But I’ve got it covered anyways. So here’s the deal. Instead of the typical Terramorphic Expanse (which would be better used as a basic land), I’m going to use Mwonvuli Acid-Moss to get a Land and a Sorcery into the discard pile. Then, Nameless Inversion will get a Tribal, Instant and hopefully Creature into the discard pile as well, making me 5/6 by now. Liliana tutors and kills herself, Fertile Ground is an enchantment which I can discard if necessary, but 1 copy of No Rest for the Wicked can also help get Goyf’s back. The Bottle Gnomes will sac themselves for 3 life, which helps get Artifacts and Creatures into the graveyard. Of course, since I’m running Doran, I’m going to use high toughness beaters, so Bottle Gnomes helps here as well. So here goes.

Lands:

Murmuring Bosk x 4
Vivid Meadow
Vivid Marsh
Caves of Koilos x 4
Forest x 10
Plains x 2
Swamp x 2

Creatures:

Doran, The Siege Tower x 3
Tarmogoyf x 4
Bottle Gnomes x 4
Treefolk Harbinger x 3
Ohran Viper x 4
Indomitable Ancients x 2

Other:

Fertile Ground x 4
Mwonvuli Acid-Moss x 4
Nameless Inversion x 4
Garruk Wildspeaker x 2
Liliana Vess x 2

Any thoughts?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Shizknight
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:45 am
a sideboard with 4 deathmark in it would kill this deck because the whole deck is centered around that Tarmogoyf. If Tarmogoyf got taken out the threat level of this deck would become almost nothing.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:25 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Doran is still a pretty sizable threat, not to mention it usually hampers the other player’s beaters.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:20 am
Yeah, plus Bottle Gnomes, Treefolk Harbinger, Ohran Viper, Indomitable Ancients, all of them can absorb quite well, and all of them can beat REALLY hard with Doran out.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)