LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
inresponse
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:36 pm
Now that the rotation has hit and states has more clearly defined the metagame, I think MUC is once again a major contender in the standard metagame. I have been playing a list similar to Mike Flores suggested list, what do you guys think:

Creatures (10):
4 Jushi Apprentice
3 Meloku the Clouded Mirror
3 Keiga, the Tide Star

Other Spells (25):
4 Boomerang
4 Remand
4 Mana Leak
3 Disrupting Shoal
4 Hinder
4 Threads of Disloyalty
2 Rewind

Lands (25):
1 Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
1 Miren, the Moaning Well
1 Shizo, Death’s Storehouse
1 Oboro, Palace in the Clouds
1 Minamo, School at Water’s Edge
2 Dimir Aqueduct
4 Watery Grave
10 Island

Sideboard (15):
1 Dimir Aqueduct
4 Drift of Phantasms
2 Hinder
1 Meloku the Clouded Mirror
4 Execute
3 Cranial Extraction
physcosick
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:14 pm
How reliable is Disrupting Shoal. I guess it ultimatley depends on your mana curve in comparison to your opponents. It seems that you have a good handle on some spells with it but the main problem for this deck would be a first turn play, which is what Shoal is best for, but you can't stop a Divining Top. But if it's a first turn creature then there is always Threads. So why have Shoal. I would feel much better with COnvolute or something like it. Even Muddle the Mixture, which isn't that great, but it is great when t works out. But I think SHoal is just too situation to be a good enough counter in your deck. Plus a reliable counter will leave you open to more consitancy. Shoal could ahve been good, but Wizard's must have been scared of the possibilty of creating a new Force of Will, but Shoal isn't good enough in my opinion.
inresponse
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:00 pm
shoal is not for the first turn play, ti is for all sorts of things after you tap out. In order to play an early jushi, you usually have to spend your second turn, which is when your opponent could easily be dropping either hyppie or cutpurse. If he is, you need security, and 4 threads and 4 hinders make it easy to shoal for 3.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)