LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
shark
Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:23 pm
just as simple as that, just want to see what people are playin in reality and how effective it can be. Think
Cobra
Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:15 am
In Limited, my favorite combo is Silhana Ledgewalker + Moldervine Cloak. Cool When you start attacking on turn 3 with an untargetable 4/4 flyer, the game’s pretty much yours...

As far as Constructed goes, La_Sin_Grail recently turned me on to Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind + Curiosity. Tap Niv-Mizzet to draw a card; he deals a point of damage; Curiosity draws a card; Niv-Mizzet deals a point of damage, and so on. Haven’t tried it yet, but it seems pretty reasonable to set up as far as instant-win combos go!
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Mono789
Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:43 pm
You are pushing me to buy those cards. I would love to try that combo out. Bwahahahaha...Infinite damage...
I am always looking for more burns...
I am always looking for good mana accelerators...
I am always looking for good counters...
I am always looking for good kill spells...
I am always looking for good life gain cards...

And most of all, I like playing against people who don't cry and/or flip me off when I play Faith's Fetters on their best creature!
The First
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:56 pm
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
Meloku, land and signets. Maybe not really a combo but if you return all land to hand at the other’s eot, you’ll at least have more than 1 mana available.

Golgari Thug + Mortivore
Golgari Thug + Woebringer Demon
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:58 pm
Infinite combos? See my elf deck as far as non-standard is concerned.

For standard constructed, the only playable one I’ve seen is Spike Splice (izzet guildmage, lava spike, desperate ritual spliced in, clone, use the clone’s mana to reduplicate the original spell before it resolves. Repeat.)

MY personal favorite old one is palinchron with high tide/heartbeat of sping etc.

Others include (standard) stone seeder hierophant, a karoo, and freed from the real.

Another combo in standard is pain magnification, megrim, and furnace of wrath. the next time your opponent is dealt two damage or discards a card, they lose their whole hand and take 4 damage per card.

Thats about all I got right now (including the niv-mizzet one I told Conor)

EDIT: Starlit Sanctum, any of the creatures with 0: redirect the next one damage ability, and daru spiritualist. Target spiritualist X times, sac to sanctum for 2x life where x is infinite Very Happy

Heartbeat of spring itself is pretty infinite (the standard deck) because when it goes off it usually pulls around 20-30 mana, and old school elves can do the same.

Eye of the storm with... anything, espeically early harvest and anything with draw a card printed on it, especially harvest, research, and anything that smells like burn.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:28 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Not a standard one, but just to post it, the best combo out there is, by far, the classic first-turn kill (although, just by LOOKING at the cards it requires, it’s almost impossible to pull, only seen ONE person who can do it in my area):
Play a Mountain and a Black Lotus (yep, I know, everyone has one of those sitting around, right?). Tap the Black Lotus for 3 green mana, and spend 2 of them to play Channel (you’ll still have one spare mana in your mana pool). Pay 19 life points for 19 colorless mana (don’t worry, it’s first turn, remember? Your opponent doesn’t even have a land on the table, yet), tap the mountain for 1 red mana and, adding together the green mana spared before, you’ll have exactly 21 mana, including a red one. Then, just pick your choice of Fireball, Lavaburst, Demonfire, Blaze, Disintegrate (you get the idea, right?) and BAM, 20 points of damage right on the first turn! Pretty nice to dream about, huh?
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:19 pm
yeah. classic combo, I’d been looking infinite, personally, but it’s always good to be reminded of the classics!

The problems are disrupting shoal and Fow both mean you just took out 4 cards from hand and have one life remaining Sad
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:31 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Yep, I wanted to see if anyone would pay attention to that. It’s onyl playable against non-blue decks, otherwise it’s EXTREMELY dangerous. For infinite, I’ll try to remember an infinite damage combo which seemed to work pretty nicely. I don’t remember the card titles, but I DO remember it involved a White enchantment that read something like "if you draw a creature, it’s discarded. If any creaturewith cost 3 or less is put in a graveyard from play, return it to your hand", and a red one that read "sacrifice a creature to deal 1 damage to target player" or so. Then, you just picked a bunch of 0-cost artifact creatures, and sacrificed one of them forever... As soon as I remember the card titles, I’m editing this post! Very Happy
I don't like YOU.
Ilvaldi
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:07 am
Um, could you say shining shoal on that massive fireball?
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:27 am
Which massive fireball? The infinate one or the turn one one? But yeah, shining shoal could hurt too.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion