LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:38 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Why do some allies have a home number fo site 1 that measn tehy can never skirmish or take archery fire without other cards. what was teh point of this?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:16 am
Most of those allies were hobbits. Hobbits never ventured much outside of the shire (hobbits at bree were not unheard of, but not that common either). It made for a nice feel for the Hobbit allies that they didn’t venture far out. The rest are men from Bree. Since Bree is site 2, it makes for a little bit of a discontinuity, but makes it feel like they aren’t adventurous folk.

From a gameplay standpoint, it prevented people from flooding their support area with cheap allies (0 or 1 twilight cost) and then moving into site 2 and having a free ride. (Imagine a lot of site 2 hobbit allies with the Green hill country as your starting site)
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:46 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Merrick_Hale wrote:

From a gameplay standpoint, it prevented people from flooding their support area with cheap allies (0 or 1 twilight cost) and then moving into site 2 and having a free ride. (Imagine a lot of site 2 hobbit allies with the Green hill country as your starting site)

Laughing
Ouch. Although Buckleberry Ferry did just the same thing.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:35 pm
True, but you generally can’t get out buckleberry ferry if you are going first unless you happen to get a Thror’s Map, and even then it isn’t worth it with the errata. (Exert two hobbits and discard Thror’s Map to play the fellowship’s next site, replacing an opponent’s site if necessary)
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:12 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
thanks Merrick!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions