LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

11%
  [ 1 ]  11%

33%
  [ 3 ]  33%

44%
  [ 4 ]  44%

1 (Worst)  
11%
  [ 1 ]  11%

Total Votes : 9
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:13 am
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
--- description ---
Strategy and decklist for a Gandalf / Rohan fellowship.
--- end description ---

There are many underused decks in this world Frodo, and none of them should be treated lightly...

One such underused deck is the Gandalf Rohan fellowship. With the introduction of some great powerhouse cards like G for Grand and *Eomer, Heir to Meduseld, a deck can become rather stong against most strategies. However G for Grand does have a weakness...burdens, and with burdens being such a fun strategy every deck should have at least some burden removal. In this deck I chose to include *Glamdring, Foe Hammer andWatch and Wait which can both do wonders for removing those pesky little resistance killers.
As a side Strategy I have *Fortress Never Fallen which can add tokens quickly for condition removal OR I can use *Snowmane, Noble Mearasto remove tokens and exaust minions, then *Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien comes out and kills minions crazily using there exausted comrad. I also added *Shadowfax, Unequaled Steed to protect Gandalf from those wounds that can and will eventually become fatal.

As a minion deck I decided to use a more common strategy...Enduring Nazgul Coruption. Some of the key cards to a normal Enduring Nazgul strategy are *Ulair Enquea, Thrall of the One,Between Nazgul and Prey, andKeening Wail. From what I have observed most Enduring Nazgul decks are very similar to each other in the fact that they all use the same cards...So I decided to go against the crowd and use some less used cards. After a little searching in my rare binder I found Dark Swooping Sadows In comparison to other burden adding cards like Keening Wail this card is almost undercosted. Even with its cheap cost, I have never played against a deck using it. Finally as a fun little surprise for any unprpaired fellowship I decided to put *Gollum, Stinker in. At the later sites he ca be a 13+ Streingth minion that adds a burden when he wins a skirmish.
And now finally I give you the deck.

Starting
Frodo, Courteous Halfling
The One Ring, Such a Wieght to Carry
Gamling, Defender of the Hornburg
Gandalf, Leader of Men

Companions/Ally
Eomer, Heir to Meduseld
Theoden, The Renowned
Eowyn, Lady Of Ithilien
Leowyn

Posessions/Artifacts
Snowmane, Noble Mearas
Firefoot, Mearas of the Mark
Shadowfax, Unequaled Steed
Rohirrim Mount
Eomers Spear
Herugrim, Sord of the Mark
Eowyns Sword
Glamdring, Foe Hammer
Rohirrim Javelin x3
Coif x2
Gandalf’s Staff, Ash Staff

Events/Conditions
Simbelmyne x4
Fortress Never Fallen
Watch and Wait
We Left None Alive x2
Sword Rack
Hearken to Me
G for Grand x4

Minions
The Witchking, Black Captain x3
Ulaire Enquea, Thrall of the One x3
Ulaire Otsea, Thrall of the One x2
Ulaire Nelya, Thrall of the One x2
Ulaire Cantea, Thrall of the One x2
Ulaire Attea, Thrall of the One x2
Gollum, Stinker

Posessions/Artifacts
The Pale Blade, Sword of Flame x2
Ring of Rangcor x2

Events/Conditions
Dark Swooping Shadows x3
Between Nazgul and Prey x4
Keening Wail x3
Morgul Gates x2
Drawn to its Power x3

~Josiah
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
Beyo
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:36 pm
for me too liitle morgul gate..i always use for...and if you use such number of nazgul maybe try to corrupt ring-bearer by Shapes Slowly Advancing
Earthshaker
Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:17 am
I think a second watch and wait wouldn't be a luxury.
You have only 2 cards to remove burdens.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest