LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
PeterPot
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:10 pm
Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Posts: 157 Location: On the Back of my fat old Unicorn
what would happen in a game where Grima, Son of Galmod was in a skrimish with Smeagol, Slinker at anduin banks and the ring-bear would have at least one burden. who wins the skrimish?
bibfortuna25
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:02 pm
Well, Gríma is strength 4, isn’t he? All the Free Peoples player would have to do is add a burden to make Sméagol strength +2, and he would win, 5-4.
All cards do what they say.
PeterPot
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:08 pm
well at anaduin banks grima can remove a burden to make him str +2
bibfortuna25
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:16 pm
Oh, you’re referring to that Anduin Banks. Well, unless you’re playing in Movie Block format, there is no way you can use Gríma and Sméagol (both are Tower Block cards) on a King Block site.

That being said, this situation is covered in the Current Rulings Document:

loops

Occasionally, a game will reach a state in which a set of actions can be repeated forever.

If a loop contains one or more optional actions and one player controls them all, that player chooses a number. The loop is treated as repeating that number of times, or until another player intervenes with his own action, whichever comes first.

A player wishes to repeatedly use the ability of Sam, Faithful Companion (“Fellowship: Play Bill the Pony from your draw deck.”). He chooses a number of times this action will take place. The action is treated as repeating that number of times unless another player intervenes with a different action.

If a loop contains one or more optional actions each controlled by different players and actions by both are needed to continue the loop, the Free Peoples player chooses a number. The Shadow player then has two choices:

• He or she can choose a lower number, in which case the loop continues that number of times, with a final action in that loop by the Free Peoples player.

• He or she can agree to the number chosen by the active player, in which case the loop continues that number of times, with a final action in that loop by the Shadow player.

The Free Peoples player has Sméagol, Slinker (“Skirmish: Add a burden to make Sméagol strength +2...”) skirmishing a minion at Anduin Banks (“Skirmish: Spot your minion and remove a burden to make that minion strength +2.”). The repeated adding and removing of a burden for strength bonuses creates a loop, so the Free Peoples player names a number of iterations for these actions. The Shadow player then has two choices:

• He may name a lower number of iterations. The loop would continue for that many iterations, with the Free Peoples player taking the final action (adding one final action at the end of the loop, if necessary for the Free Peoples player to have the final action).

• He may agree with the Free Peoples player’s choice of iterations. The loop would continue for that number of iterations, with the Shadow player taking the final action (adding one final action at the end of the loop, if necessary for the Shadow player to have the final action).

So, let’s say the FP player chooses for the loop to continue 4 times. If the Shadow player chooses a lower number (say, 2), then the final result would be Sméagol being strength +6 and Gríma strength +4. If the Shadow player agrees with the FP’s stated number of 4, then they would both be strength +8.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:16 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Hey Bib, doesn’t this also stop broken cards?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
bibfortuna25
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:42 pm
I can’t recall any broken cards that this rule stops. Care to give an example?
orian
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:49 am
yep
Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow

is looped by

they feel the precious
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
PeterPot
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:33 am
Yea the fp player wins the skrimish
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:54 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
bibfortuna25 wrote:
I can’t recall any broken cards that this rule stops. Care to give an example?

I think there was one mentioned in the X-lists and R-lists thread...The Gates of the Dead City and Dark Fell About Him, I think.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions