LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
ure_d_best
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:43 pm
Attacking with Yosei, the morning star, opponent have Wood Elves, then during declare of blocker, opponent cytoshape the Yosei, the morning star to become Wood Elves, then blocked. Both creature goes to graveyard.

Question, does the Yosei, the morning star effect triggers or not when it hits the graveyard?

Thanks.
Cobra
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:02 am
I would say that when Yosei goes to the graveyard, his gametext isn’t there since he’s actually Wood Elves at that moment, so his ability doesn’t trigger.

Not totally sure about this one, though... other comments?
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
ure_d_best
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:54 am
It seems that this is how should happened, I agree that it will not trigger the graveyard effect as the Yosei is turned into Wood Elves when it hits graveyard.

However, I can’t tell where to tie in this in the rule number in comprehensive mtg rule book. Also because question is raised that the creature will go back as Yosei, when it goes to graveyard.

Do you know the rule number to match this scenario?
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:07 pm
Sorry I didn’t see this one Very Happy

I’m actually not 100% sure, but I believe once Yosei or "Wood Elves" hits the graveyard, he will revert back to his old self, but the transformation only happens once he is already there, not while he is being put.

Once again, I’m not positive- I would recommend submitting this as a question to the ask a judge section on magicthegathering.com the official MTG website.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions