LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
reggierockz
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:12 pm
I’ve been playing around with the Three Hunters, trying to get something togeather that works well. What do you guys think of splashing in Gandalf?

Fellowship (33)

Ring-bearer & Ring
Frodo, Protected By Many
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom

Companions (8)
1 Gimli, Eager Hunter (s)
1 Legolas, Of the Woodland Realm (s)
4 Gandalf, Leader of the Company
2 Aragorn, Thorongil

Conditions (14)
4 Focus
4 No Quicker Path
2 Whatever End
1 The Tale of the Great Ring
3 Forth the Three Hunters!

Possessions (7)
2 Gimli’s Battle Axe, Trusted Weapon
2 Long-knives of Legolas
1 Sting, Bane of the Eight Legs
1 Gondorian Blade
1 Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow

Events (4)
2 Seclusion
2 Terrible and Evil

Strategy: The basic idea is to pull Aragorn with East Wall of Rohan at either site one or site three (play Mount Doom if you go second to assure that you can play East Wall of Rohan at site three). Since this deck is for expanded, Galdalf takes up the fifth and final companion slot. From there, play down whatever conditions and possesions you draw and win as many skirmishes as you can. Each companion can in some way or another pump out some wounds in either the maneuver or archery phase, so help elimate pesky minions. Lastly, Seclusion is included for some condition removal.

I’m also thinking of trying to make a Three Hunters deck focused more on wounding and archery that uses Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien. Any thoughts?
"They have a cave troll."
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:06 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Yeah, Three Hunters decks are great with Hunters. Why not have more Whatever End? It helps you wipe out those minions with damage+1 bonuses really well.

I like your choices of possessions. Gimli’s Battle Axe, Trusted Weapon rocks when you’ve got Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow on the table. It’s yet another example of Three Hunters Synergy.

I’d like to see more strength events for the hunters, though.

The Eowyn wounding decks are awesome...although how do they play against swarm? (not that there’s any good swarms since Moria rotated out... Crying or Very sad ) Against big enduring minions, they wreak havoc!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:01 am
looks good, but id say, just leave the three hunters deck to the three hunters (legolas, gimli, aragorn) and leave gandalf out, but hey, thats just wut i would do....
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:54 am
Well, I put Gandalf in my token deck (refer to my article) and now it works so much better! It looks like an awesome deck.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard