LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:02 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I’m not quite sure if this Article would belong here or on the Gameplay Questions thread, after all, ih HAS to do with MTG playing...
Why can’t I get this wretched program to run? Everytime I try to play against a friend of mine, I can’t seem to connect to him, wether we’re using port 4747 or port 21 (and yes, both Firewalls are down).
All I can seem to get is a "WinSock Error #10053 - Software caused connection abort"...
How do I fix this? What’s happening? Can anyone point me in the right direction?
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:02 pm
I can’t connect either. I think there’s a lot of firewall problems it causes, though, because even when I knock down mine on the right ports, it still doesn’t work. Best way I’ve found to avoid it is get on IM and "Forest, birds of paradise, go".
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:10 pm
Yeah, this could work. I also thought of this, I mean, I trust everyone I might play against enough, it just isn’t all that exciting.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:52 pm
Well, if you want exciting, play on MTGO!

Why would they cheat over IM, anyway? Not like they get anything out of testing a deck if they aren’t testing it.
BrianBoitano
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:07 pm
Yes, Apprentice has one of the worst connection rates of any of the free MTG Online programs, but I still use it to playtest solitaire-style.
Magic Workstaion has a better time connecting, and it has a nice arrow drawing tool that helps with targeting and reminding your opponent of something, but it is slow to get new sets.
The official Magic Online is the best for connecting, but the cards costs money (except using core set precons in the free room), you have to collect a whole set before you can trade it up for something physical, and the server goes down often (2+ times a week).
Until the problems with these three programs are worked out, the good ol’ physical system will be the best to play with Very Happy.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:59 pm
Actually, I kinda liked La_Sin_Grail’s idea. It works specially better with a microphone! I tested with a friend on the MSN, and it’s fairly nice!
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion