LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:30 pm
This deck is a very unstable deck. I ususally deck out around site 5 or 6. This means one of 2 things. Either A) I win fast and leave my enemy in a massacred pile on the floor. Or B) I lose fast and go home crying.

Freeps:

Starting Fellowship:
Gimli, BOG + The One Ring, SAWTC
Durin III, DL (old standby)
Dwarf Guard 2x

Companions:
Uri, DL
Dwarf Guard 2x
Farin, DE
Gloin, FTT
Fror, GK 2x
Sindri, DL
Dwarven Warrior 2x
(i know theres a lot, but I need to have 9 companions by site 4)

Possessions:
Book of Mazarbul 3x (key card)

Conditions:
Lord of Moria 2x

Events:
Out of Darkness 4x
Delving 4x
Disquiet of our People 3x
Tidings of Erebor 2x

Now for Shadows:

1 Twilight Minions:
Corsair Lookout
Warg-Rider 4x
Isengard Tinker 4x
Isengard Shaman 4x
Goblin Backstabber 3x
Goblin Runner 2x

2 Twilight Minions:
Isengard Forger 4x
Isengard Worker 3x
Isengard Journeyman 3x
Grima, W 2x

Stratagem Overview:

Fellowship:
Now, Companions are essential for Book of Mazarbul. I had 9 companions at site 4 and had then 17 cards in hand. That left my draw deck with about 4 cards left. Now, companions are going to die. If you are lucky and the shadow has Orcs, then use a few Disquiets (i used 2 at once to assign 5 huge minions to my Dwarf Guard Laughing) to make a suicide dwarf. Having lots of companions and not dying is key. When, at site 4 or 5, and you have 15 cards, you should have at least 8 minions, and probably 6 of em cost 1 each. This means you will have a swarming hand for 10 or less twilight next turn. Laughing

Shadow: Just keep a few good 1 twilight minions in the first few sites, even at site 3 against a hight costing fellowship you may be able to do some damage. But by site 4 or 5 you should kill off the fellowship or wallow in the pit you made for yourself. Crying or Very sad

I may decide to make my deck to an upwards of 100 cards in the future. That may help... But I need more 1 costing minions.

Edit: Updated Stratagem
Last edited by Guest on Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
syndrome
Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:33 pm
I play against this deck with my solo smeagol Sad

PATHS is my best friend.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
han_feizi
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:53 am
As I posted somewhere else, Book of Mazarbul - in my opinion - doesn't work with the new site path (fortunately for all who - like me - hate playing against dwarves)
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:16 pm
How doesn't it work against the New Shadow sites? It does, but I normally use Fellowship Sites anyway... Rolling Eyes

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded