LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
Nephilim__Beserker
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:06 pm
Ever since I lost at a Dissensions Release Tournament by Supply and Demand, I wanted to make a deck based on it. I thought a lot about it and I came up with this:

Land(20)
1 Selesnya Sanctuary
1 Simic Growth Chamber
1 Azorius Chancery
1 Swamp
6 Forests
5 Islands
5 Plains

Creature(25)
4 Witch-Maw Nephilim
4 Plaxcaster Frogling
4 Selesnya Evangel
2 Sky Hussar
2 Vigean Hydropon
2 Azorius Guildmage
2 Selesnya Guildmage
2 Veteran Armorer
2 Trygon Predator
1 Indrik Stomphowler

Spell(15)
4 Supply / Demand
4 Utopia Sprawl
2 Sensei’s Divining Top
2 Doubling Season
2 Fellwar Stone
1 Glare of Subdual

I’ve played with it many times and still not sure whats better Vigean Hydropon or Leyline of the Meek. This deck is fun but needs to be better and I don’t know what to do with it. Please help me out and give me your opinion on how to make it better
Last edited by Nephilim__Beserker on Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cobra
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:35 am
Cool idea, but I think it could use a lot more focus. Witch-Maw Nephilim, for example, doesn’t fit so well with the theme of the deck and destabilizes your mana base. Maybe concNOLINKentrate more on generating the mana you’ll need for a really good Supply play.

Maybe consider Patagia Viper instead of one of your other flyers -- the Viper is in theme and works nicely with Doubling Season.

I would definitely choose Leyline of the Meek over Vigean Hydropon. The chance to play Leyline for free from your opening hand is nice. And in the late game, Leyline could be a very useful draw, while Hydropon won’t be much use since most of your creatures will already be on the table.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Nephilim__Beserker
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:45 am
After refocusing my deck and putting some money into it i made this:

Land(22)
2 Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree
9 plain
6 forest
5 island

Creatures (14)
4 Civic Wayfinder
3 Azorius Guildmage
2 Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
2 Selesnya Guildmage
2 Pride of the Clouds
1 Simic Sky Swallower

Other Spell (24)
4 Dovescape
4 Supply / Demand
4 Utopia Sprawl
4 Overrule
2 Kodama’s Reach
2 Doubling Season
2 Glare of Subdual
2 Congregation at Dawn

Sideboard (15)
4 Azorius Herald
4 Faith’s Fetters
4 Watchwolf
1 Indrik Stomphowler
1 Privileged Position
1 Blazing Archon

Basically i’m trying to get as much mana as i can then get dovescape Grand Arbiter Augustin IV out and then cast supply or overrule.
BrianBoitano
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:51 pm
I like it, it has some interesting synergies that just don’t fit in most other, more focused decks. For instance, Supply should fit in most other token decks, but it requires a bit of support (Like the Grand Arbiter and mana fixing you use) that most Glare decks don’t use.
Nice, fresh deck idea, plus decent playability, = good post! Applause
"Not again" -Hans
Hello kind Sir or Madam, I am a polite sig virus. Please put me into your fine and dandy signature so that I might continue to replicate. Thank you for your time.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:00 pm
version two is much better. Considered Birds of Paradise for turn one? Seems like you don’t have one-drops except ut. sprawl, and bop is better, especially against vore.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)