LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
JDRobinson
Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:16 am
Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Warner Robins, GA - USA
Here is a deck I have made. I am always open to comments, questions, and suggestions. Smile The freeps is basic and the shadow is a shadow I had a long time ago and thought I would build them again. ( I made the comment in another post that evil men were boring, I ment Dunlendings were, not Easterlings).

Sites:

Barazinbar
Chamber of Marzarbul
Ettenmorrs
Moria Stairway
Moria Guardroom
Pelennor Flat
West Gate of Moria
Starkhorn
Courtyard Parapet

Fellowship:(34)

STARTING FELLOWSHIP

Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings
Linnar, Dwarven Lord
Durin III, Dwarven Lord

2- Uri, Dwarven Lord
2-Sindri, Dwarven Lord
1- Axe of Erebor
1- Ring of Fury
1- Ring of Retribution
1-Ring of Accretion
1- Ring of Guile
4-Dwarven Axe
2- Hand Axe
3- Axe Strike
3- Honed
2- Battle to the Last
4- Lord of Moria
2- Aggression
2- From the Armory
1- Here is Good Rock

Shadow(34)

1-Gollum, Stinker
1-Easterling Captain
4- Easterling Guard
4- Easterling Lieutenant
3- Easterling Trooper
2- Easterling Infantry
2- Easterling Axeman
4- Easterling Polearm
4- Captured by the Ring
3- We Must Have It
2- Gathering to the Summons
2- Heavy Burden
2- Hidden even from Her

The Deck. Now the overview. Smile Fellowship: Gimli, with ring of rings, axe of erebor, ring of fury, 4 lords of moria and two aggresions, he can be 9 strength, Damage+ 10 and resistance 16. Shocked Linnar gets a ring and a dwarven axe. Durin gets a ring, dwarven axe and a hand axe. Cool Uri gets a dwarven axe and a hand axe and Sindri gets a dwarven axe and a ring. Some pumps for the Dwarves (Honed is awesome). Lord of Moria and aggression adds damage bonuses to the dwarves. From the Armory is to help all wounds to the dwarves (Sauron, etc...) Here lies good rock helps with damage bonus and with Sindri you can play the pump for a free Damage+ 1.

Shadow: Burdens, Burdens, Burdens..... with 4 Easterling Guards and Lieutenants, their sole purpose is to exert and add a burden. Thats it. The Easterling Trooper, Axeman and Infantry become stronger with more burdens, and the Capt is for later. Then Gollum starts popping out with big strength and everytime he wins it is another burden. Easterling Polearm is one of the coolest possesions in the game, and with 4 and only having to spot 2 burdens that means little archery. ( and with 5 it is Damage +1).
We must have it and Captured by the Ring pulls Gollum for free and with the addition of a threat by Captured, you can then use Heavy Burden for another burden! And by including Hidden Even from Her, Gollum is Fierce Twisted Evil Lastly the 2 Gathering from the Summons is for when the opponent thinks he will be cute and puts a burden-adding Easterling on a ring-bound companion. Wink

Comments, Suggestions? Tell me what you think.
Sorry for any typing errors.
"Quenuvalye i lamber Eldareva"

-Thou canst speak the tongues of the Elves.
hblika
Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:22 am
Aggression is x-listed, so you might want to exchange that with Proud and Able.

And where is Thrarin? Since you're not playing with Preparations, I would change Sindri with Thrarin. Or maybe take out a couple of Lord of Morias for 2 Thrarins.

I think a fellowship with good burden removal will walk all over your shadow side, since the single Captain is the only stopping power you have... A few more of him and a couple of Easterling Army perhaps?
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
david_robertson
Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:52 am
aye, hblika is right. maybe it's better not to try to corrupt the RB. (which can be very difficult with the new Ring of Rings and a couple of burden-removal cards) Just insert three more easterling captains, maybe one army or two, and use the burdens you produce with lieutenants and guards just to pump your stronger minions - the Raiders were always good in beatdown:) Wink

And one more question - is there anybody who is ACTUALLY playing with the Raider Culture?! Laughing Cool
East Stirling FC RULES!!!
Cobra
Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:25 am
Sure, Raider culture is still viable -- Southron threats/wounds and Easterling burdens are both solid decks.

With Easterlings, I'd definitely go with the super-Captain deck though. Just add 2 burdens and then set up the combo with the Captain + Raider Bow + (if needed) Easterling Polearm. He gets beefy real fast, and will usually kill 1-2 comps each time. All you really need for those 2 burdens is 4x Small Hope. (Or, since those are hard to get, 4x Easterling Footman.)
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
hblika
Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:11 pm
Yeah, the Raider culture of old is one of my favorite shadows. Beasterlings and corsairs still hoid their own, IMO. Playing a strength 22 Castamir every site, is just so much fun Very Happy
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
JDRobinson
Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:02 pm
Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Warner Robins, GA - USA
Thanx for the comments guys. I need to buy more boxes of Black Rider. I have just got back into the game. I really had no idea about the Black Rider dwarf cards were so awesome. Tharin is sweet. He will be in this deck. Smile I will make some changes.
And the shadow like I said was a old Shadow I had and it was a good shadow. It was funny to see Gollum get stronger and stronger each turn.
Coner, maybe I will go for a Super-Capt Deck. Cool
"Quenuvalye i lamber Eldareva"

-Thou canst speak the tongues of the Elves.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open