LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
Nephilim__Beserker
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:21 pm
Does Grand Arbiter Augustin IV mana reduction ability work on forecast cards?

How does Muse Vessel work?

If I have Dovescape in play and my opponent plays a Naturalize on it. Does it leave play or counter it?
BrianBoitano
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:21 pm
Nephilim__Beserker wrote:
Does Grand Arbiter Augustin IV mana reduction ability work on forecast cards?

No, Augustin only affects the casting cost of spells you play. Abilities on cards that aren’t in play are not spells, so they aren’t affected. This is also the reason that Augustin doesn’t affect Firemane Angel’s reanimation ability, or things like Channel and Madness.

How does Muse Vessel work?

Whenever a card does not specify face-up or face-down for a removed from game (RFG) card, the default is face-up.
So, the first ability is 3,Tap: Target player (an opponent or you) removes a card (that player’s choice) from his or her hand (a spell someone has announced is not in his or her hand anymore) from the game (face up).
The second is 1: Choose a card ("choose" doesn’t target, not that it matters when dealing with RFG cards) removed from the game with Muse Vessel (only cards removed using the first ability can be chosen, not by any other ability you may have given the vessel to remove cards). You may play (only if it’s the appropriate time, and if you pay appropriate costs (Augustin works for these!)) that card (it will go into its owner’s graveyard as usual, unless something like Buyback or Hinder is used on it) this turn (if you don’t, it stays RFG).

If I have Dovescape in play and my opponent plays a Naturalize on it. Does it leave play or counter it?

The Dovescape ability goes on the stack on top of the Naturalize. The stack resolves from top to bottom, so unless some other ability is played that isn’t itself countered, the Dovescape’s ability will resolve before the Naturalize, and your opponent will get 2 1/1 birds and no Naturalize effect.
If your opponent plays something that says it is uncounterable (like those cast using mana from a Boseiju, Who Shelters All, or a Hellbent Demonfire), Dovescape’s ability will still resolve and try to counter it, but the spell cannot be countered so your opponent gets both the spell and the 1/1 counters (Dovescape does count the X in Demonfire for this).
"Not again" -Hans
Hello kind Sir or Madam, I am a polite sig virus. Please put me into your fine and dandy signature so that I might continue to replicate. Thank you for your time.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions