LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

42%
  [ 3 ]  42%

57%
  [ 4 ]  57%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 7
Pipsqueak
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:16 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
--- description ---
Basic strategies for the old Southron culture.
--- end description ---

Southron strategy
Basically, you need to work off of the ambush ability that most southrons have.

for instance; get some marchers, travelers etc., and store up the twighlight. then deploy some warriors, soldiers and spearmen. wound some companions, but save some for a mumak for next turn (that is, if the fellowship moves again during the regroup phase). Then mount either some marchers (so that you can keep your small guys with ambush alive), or get a few archers and mount them( so as to keep your archers alive as long as possible). I think three or four mumaks should always be in a southron deck.

Here’s a list of the neccesary cards (in my opinion) for a basic southron/mumak deck. Of course, you can add or replace certain cards to complete your shadow side.

Southron Marcher x3
Southron Traveler x3
Desert Warrior x3
Desert Soldier x3
Desert Spearman x3
Mumak x3 or x4
Southron marksmen x2
Army of Haradrim x2
On the march x3 or x4
Line of defense x1 or x2
Whirling strike x3

While southron marksmen is the only archery card that i suggested, it dosen’t mean that you shouldn’t have more archers.
While i didn’t suggest mounting army of haradrim, that is perfectly acceptable. i only suggested mounting archers because i strongly believe that no matter what type of minions you have, archery is one of the most important factors.
army of haradrim will also help you recycle your mumaks.
As far as mumaks go, it wouldn’t be bad to have a few war mumaks in there.
As you can see, for many of the foot soldiers, i suggested three of them. this is where you might want to consider cutting down on some of them, and possibly put in more of something else, or put in totally new cards.
like i said, this is a very primitive and basic shadow side idea. i would recomend that beginners fashion their southron shadow sides off of this outline (if possible). Very Happy
Long live the southern bros. Homage

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest