LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
33%
  [ 2 ]  33%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

1 (Worst)  
16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

Total Votes : 6
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:10 pm
Good choices on subbing. Still, it seems a little.... I'm not sure how to say it... there's no back up plan. If they kill erayo or you get a bad hand, you lose. the deck seems fragile. I'm not sure that you can fix that, but it looks to me like anything that kills erayo means good game.

I will definately back this as being a maxed out or the next best thing for an erayo deck, I'm just not that wild about the idea to begin with.
Osion
Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:25 pm
Hah! Saved by the Guildpact Spoiler!

Look what was spoiled today

Repeal - XU
Instant (C)
Return target nonland permanent with converted mana cost X to its owner's hand.
Draw a card.
Illus. Dan Scott

Perfect replacement? I think so! It doesn't work as well with Izzet Guildmage, but the card you draw is excellent if you're going to be bouncing Isamarus and Ornithopters.
T2_Fr33K
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:37 pm
Your ruling doesn't work. Shock played at end of turn still doesn't count for erayo. Weak deck to begin with- too easy to get enchantment killed, or get a bad hand. Also killed by discard of any type
Osion
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:07 pm
to T2_Freek

Did you even read my article? with the analysis and sample hands?

T2_Freek Wrote:
Quote:
Your ruling doesn't work. Shock played at end of turn still doesn't count for erayo. Weak deck to begin with- too easy to get enchantment killed, or get a bad hand. Also killed by discard of any type

where do you get this from? I never, ever mentioned this 'trick' in my article. Go ahead, look for it. There is nothing about playing spells at end of turn to trigger Erayo.

What Ruling are you talking about?

Who are you? The 'ruling' was one of my ideas when I built the deck, and I told it only to 2 people in person: Ryan Fefjar, and Bernie Makino (la_sin_grail). When I emailed a level 2 judge and they said the trick didn't work, I didn't include it in my article. How do you know about that?

...because I never mentioned it in any post. Mad other viewers of this forum, decide the vote integrity of T2_Freek as you will. I'm not pointing any fingers yet.[/b]
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:05 pm
Well Tian, if you are accusing me, 1) I'm very dissapointed, and 2) I've spoken with Conor on voting integrity and there is no way anybody can vote twice from the same computer. I invite you to make a new account and try it. (I hope you made it fool proof Conor!)

Also, in your first analysis, I believe you said something about dropping a turn two Erayo, and it was inferred that that would be how you do it, since I don't see any other way except G-d hand.

He has a very good point about discard. All your hands seem to use everything. Blackmail or castigate = gg against your deck, but enchant killed is unlikely since first spell of turn will be countered, although possible.

EDIT\\ I brought this up a little while back with Conor in one of the support forums I think it was, maybe voting guidelines? You should be able to find it without too much trouble. Definately nobody can vote twice from I think the same internet connection at all, regardless of account names.

EDIT again:By the way, I do have friends you don't know. If I actually do have a birthday party, you'll meet some of them. But I've been to five schools, so I know a lot of people. Know an Ari S.? Joey W? Zach T? yea..
Last edited by La_Sin_Grail on Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cobra
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:23 pm
That's correct -- if either your username or your IP address matches an existing vote, you won't be able to vote again for the same article.

Of course, it is possible for a person to post reviews (without voting) from different usernames, which seems more relevant to the present discussion.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:27 pm
I never thought of dicard, though... With castigate, you really just plain lose. Ravenous rats and blackmail won't kill you, but they will make problems... I'm not sure many cards a combo can need with that discard in T2.

Still, I didn't think of that origionally, so I stick with my original judgement-4

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest