LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

66%
  [ 4 ]  66%

1 (Worst)  
16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

Total Votes : 6
Rohir
Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:04 pm
--- description ---
I for one, wanted to make a great shadow side when I started playing LoTR TCG. This is one of the best (in my opinion).
--- end description ---

This shadow side revolves around four copies of Shelob, Eater of Light and four copies of Web. Several people I know say that this shadow side isn’t very good, I know better than them, as it has worked for me greatly in the past. The cards I use vary a bit from what most people use with this shadow. I use the orc culture cards rather than the Nazgul culture ones, I find mine is more efficient. Sure, the Nazgul culture orcs work well with Dark Wings and Hatred Stirred. But, the orc culture has many cards to beat down your opponents deck and make way for shelob to come in and kill off the rest. One of the keys to this deck is keeping your orcs alive so as to stack them on your Webs. But you don’t want to be to careful, as that does not much to your opponents fellowship. Elf archery and Rohan strength is a big problem with this deck, which means you have to get as many minions out as possible. Also, you should have underground sites mainly, save perhaps Neekerbreeker’s Bog . Anyway, here is my decklist (Including Free peoples, which I am getting to.)

Ring-Bearer:
Frodo, Protected By Many
The One Ring, Such a Weight to Carry

Free Peoples:
Eomer, Third Marshal Of Riddermark
Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien
Theoden, Leader of Spears
Haethen, Veteran Fighter
Gamling, Warrior of Rohan
Rohhirim Mount x4
Rider’s Spearx4
Rider’s Bow x4
Riders of the Mark
Hrothlac, Man of Rohan
Eored Warrior x2
Cleaving a Path x3
Challenging the Orc-host x4

Shadow:
Shelob, Eater of Light x4
Gollum, Skulker x4
Orc Sapper x3
Orc Artisan
Orc Spear x4
Web x4
Larder x2
Picket Denizan x2
Great Cost x2
Vile Goblin x2
Taunt x2

Fellowship:
Eomer, Third Marshal of Riddermark
Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien

The reason I chose Rohan as my free peoples was well, they rule. This Eomer is quite strong (Maybe not as good as the up and coming Eomer, Horsemaster from hunters though) If you equip him with a mount, at the start of each skirmish involving him, he is already at strength 9, and if you add a spear to him, strength 11, which is pretty good. Rohan has an all around strength to it. The bows give great help also.

Well, hope this helps, thanks for reading, please leave feedback Smile
Lotr Online and off! Smile
ingold55
Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:49 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
This is just a deck list. you bearly scrape the surface of why you decided to use the cards you use. why not go into detail like this.
I use tis card because it goes with X, and does X. i use this card to pull X from my draw deck, and yet this card still strong enough to fight companions. you see what mean?
Earthshaker
Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:38 am
I have to agree with Ingold55.
Youre article could explain more about "why", "how" and maybe "when" to use certain cards.
And you say it's a strong deck but has problems with Rohan and archery...you could start with explainin' why and how you can counter those problems.

Succes Cool
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:37 pm
The basic idea is good, but the deck could be improved.

I would add more Orcs, because you only have 8 Orcs in, and frankly that's not enough to make Eater of Light very strong, since there's a good chance that several won't live long enough to be stacked.

The fellowship side looks okay, but you might want to drop the Eored Warriors to add more events.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:55 pm
Fair article, but I have to agree with AnxiousChieftain.
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest