LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Cobra
Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:15 am
August 10-13. Indianapolis. Who’s going? What events will you play in? What decks are you bringing? Very Happy

GenCon Indy 2006 website (a bit bare at the moment):
http://www.gencon.com/2006/indy/

Decipher’s LOTR TCG event listing:
http://decipher.fanhq.com/Articles/Article.aspx?ID=1108&Part=1
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:57 am
I’m going! I have my event ticket for the Day 1 for LotR Worlds and a couple decks. (I won’t tell what they are so people can’t tech against them) I hope to get into day 2, but I don’t know if that will happen. Other than those two events, I’ll likely be wandering the halls as this will be the first time for me to go without volunteering for Decipher.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
Chang
Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:08 pm
I wish, one of my good friends is going though, going to play LOTR, and some minurature game, and gunbunnies.
Chang
MSN: ensigndan@hotmail.com

I'm a Pirate...I sail the seas of Music...
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:14 pm
im goin, and im bringing my troll deck! im hoping to surprise some people with this deck because it isn’t what you would call a "popular" shadow choice. Also, Cobra, do you know if there might be a common/uncommon mini-tournament? Because if there will be ill definitely join with my gondor/isengard wounding.
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:49 am
There are no plans for a sanctioned Commons/uncommons only tournament from Decipher. That being said, you might want to hang around the TCG hall and see what people are playing, feel free to walk up to someone in the Decipher area and ask for a pickup game. I did that last year with a Fellowship Draft. I kept all the cards at the end so nobody had to pay anything and had all the sites I needed with me. It was great fun and I got to meet some really interesting people that way.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

Chang
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:22 pm
what kind of tourny is it at GenCon? standard? open?
Chang
MSN: ensigndan@hotmail.com

I'm a Pirate...I sail the seas of Music...
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:21 pm
there are a lot of tourneys that you can enter, but the biggest event (as far as i know) will most likely be their standard tournament.
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:42 pm
i havent yet bought my pass/ticket yet, and i know that it is more expensive if you wait until you get there to purchase one. Would one of you know how much the pass/ticket will cost if i buy it when i arrive at the event instead of beforehand? thanks Very Happy
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:50 am
<please refrain from double posting - even though it was a good amount of time between posts>

Ok now to answer your question. Most of the information that you are looking for can be found on the Gencon Indy web site.

4 day badges cost $75 if purchased onsite and these will give you access to the exhibitor hall, the TCG hall and lots of other venues associated with GenCon. (Pre-registration was $65 for a 4-day pass but you had to be registered back in June)

Event tickets for the varous events that your badge grants you access to cost varying amounts depending on the game, format and other info. Event tickets come in two varieties: Specific and general. Specific event tickets are specifically for one event and it guarantees you a spot in that event. Generic event tickets are $1.50 a piece and can be used to pay for any event, but don’t guarantee you a spot. A list of all of the events at Gencon that you can buy tickets for can be found here: Event Catalog
It may take some sorting to find the events that you are looking for, but it really isn’t that difficult.

Because I don’t have a Day 2 bye for LotR Worlds, I bought a specific event ticket for the Standard Constructed day 1 event (event ID TCG00102) to guarantee me a spot. Since I don’t know if I will make it into Day 2 but strongly suspect I will, I bought generic tickets equal to the cost of getting into LotR tcg Worlds Day 2 (5 tickets at $1.50 a piece = $7.50). If I make it into day 3 I’ll buy additional generic tickets to cover the cost.

I hope this helps! I look forward to seeing you there. Look for a 6’ tall skinny guy with long brown hair, a crazy smile, and a Mordor Enraged Card in his badge and that should be me!
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:22 am
ok, cool, thanks again! And if we meet up you can have my mordor enraged card, i dont need it. See ya there!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion