LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
Which would you rather see in 10th Edition?

Brainstorm  
100%
  [ 5 ]  100%

Force Spike  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 5
BrianBoitano
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:25 pm
Force Spike Vs. Brainstorm
Cobra
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:02 pm
Definitely Brainstorm, Force Spike’s just so... dull. Laughing
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
physcosick
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:27 pm
Force Spike is a decent counterspell on turn 1 to deal with their first drop, a spot that blue usually has a problem with other than Daze or Force of Will. But R&D has been hosing MUC for quite sometime now, so I doubt either one of these blue staples would see reprinting. If I had to choose, I’d say brainstorm just because I will get in trouble and my shop from punching everyone who Force spikes my win condition....
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:27 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I suggest we ditch the poll, and make our own!

Avatar of Woe VS. Phage, the Untouchable
I don't like YOU.
BrianBoitano
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:06 pm
That works, the poll was to settle a friendly bet between a friend and I. The lack of description or reason was to make it as unbiased as possible. Now that the result is obvious, I can reveal that I backed Brainstorm all the way Very Happy.

Hmm... that’s a tough decision.
The Avatar is easier to fit into a core set, since it is not storyline-based, and its abilities have all been printed in core sets recently (Avatar of Hope was in 8th). Phage has a lot of text to chew through, which isn’t usually the kind of thing they do in core sets.

I can’t see Wizards getting away with printing Phage without her counterpart Akroma, which actually isn’t that farfetched an idea. There has been a lot of talk about her seeing print (whether exact reprint or remake in Time Spiral), what with Akroma Week happening earlier this summer over at Wizards and a "big suprise" promised in that set.

Personally, I’d rather see the Avatar get reprinted, since it is much more combo-able than Phage. There are tricks around Phage’s play-from-hand restriction, but they aren’t as flexible as the re-animatable, library dumpable, Tooth and Nailable Avatar.

What do you think on the matter, Felipe?
"Not again" -Hans
Hello kind Sir or Madam, I am a polite sig virus. Please put me into your fine and dandy signature so that I might continue to replicate. Thank you for your time.
physcosick
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:39 am
Phage is a legend, Wizards has been strictly against printing legends in the Core Sets for (among other things) storyline purposes as well as possible confusion to new players.

So avatar based on no contest and ineligibility.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:00 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Yeah, I think BB’s review says it all. AND I happen to have 4 of that Avatar lying around somewhere... So definitly Avatar!
I don't like YOU.
physcosick
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:18 pm
I use to think that wizard’s was going to reprint Akroma, but than I saw the art of the angel on the booster packs for TS. At first it looked like an angel that had been beaten and torn, so I figured it’d make some sense. But than a friend told me in the story her legs were cut off (not to mention she dided when Korona or whatever it is formed), and the angel art that could have been akroma, is now impossible due to the fact that the angel has legs. Than after further analysis, we figured the closest physical appearnace was that of Exalted Angel.... TS will be reprinting older mechanics... like morph.

Have you guys seen the new spoilers for GenCOn. I’m soooooo excited, the doll from The Rack is making an appearance in art, as well as the skeletons from time walk.......... ooooooooooo Drool

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion