LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:20 pm
I’m sure that over the years the idea of a new color has become quite the dead horse, but seeing as I’m new you’re just gonna have to forgive me. Wink

I was thinking it’d be interesting to come up with new "factions" in MTG. Like Brown, Orange, Yellow, Purple, etc.

I haven’t put much thought into the idea past this, but I was thinking the "basic" land for Brown would be Cave.

Interesting?
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:26 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Thing is, Magic has a lot of colors already, at least all the basic ones (if you count gold as yellow)... Caves ARE types of Land already, so, what exactly would Brown, for instance, represent? Each color represent something.
The Magic penthatlon is actually filled with symbolism, so it would TOTALLY disrupt the, well, "magic" of the game if that basic pillars got altered. That’s what killed Lord ofthe Rings TCG...
However, Magic has what we call "tribes". I green, for instance, Elves would be a Tribe, Snakes would be other, Bears, and so foth. So you see, it’s far more interesting to mess with Tribes than with colors, since that require a whole lot more trouble to be undergone...
But I MUST admit I ALWAYS thought of it as a neat idea... Very Happy
If you check the Ravnica block, they’ll see Magic actually found a way around it, creatind "Guilds", which could "almost" be considered entirely new colors, since a Rakdos Guildmage, for instance, is not only black, nor only red. However, it is NOT golden, either, so it COULD be considered another color...
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards