LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:20 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I have a question about Rite of Flame, since it reads a little different from the similar cards in Coldsnap. Since it states that it adds RedRed, and THEN adds Red for each copy, does it function like a Dark Ritual for Red on turn one? Or do the first one, despite then way the text is printed, only add 2 mana? I hate Wizards, they print dubious texts, and always interpret them later as the most hideous way...
I don't like YOU.
Cobra
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:24 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
I hate Wizards, they print dubious texts, and always interpret them later as the most hideous way...

Laughing

I’m pretty sure a first-turn Rite of Flame would give only RedRed, because the card doesn’t go to the graveyard until after it’s resolved.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:28 pm
Hum... Well... Ok, it’s still pretty neat. Not nearly as powerful as Skred, but still...
I don't like YOU.
physcosick
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:17 pm
Yeah, cobra is right. The card doesn’t go to the graveyard untill it completely resolves. So it will only add 2 mana. And even than I doubt it would be as good as Dark Ritual because you can’t power out a necropotence or hypnotic specter or turn 1 duress + Hymn to Tourach, etc. You can get a couple extra shocks, though Wink
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:35 pm
I actually referred to Dark Ritual for the three mana. But you’re right, Dark Ritual was so... abusable!
But I do think Rite of Flame can see some play, powering up some HUGE Demonfire and/or Blaze! Combine them with Seething Song and small burns, and your hand will be empty in no time to cast a large enough, uncounterable, unpreventable Demonfire.
I don't like YOU.
physcosick
Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:09 pm
I really, honestly, don’t like the card at all. To me it is just a waste of a slot. I’d much rather play burn or some other kind of card that actually does something. Sure you get mana, but red decks already have a low curve. If there is a high curve, seething song is a million times better. But thats just my opinion, though.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:19 pm
Unless, of course, some rediculously powerful two-drop in red comes out in Time Spiral Very Happy If they reprint slith firewalker, this card may be playable.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions