LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
paippo
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:34 am
Your shadow is pretty good but i would try to either focus on corruption or go for heavy beatdown. In the first case, add a 4th enquea, 2 more Between Nazgul and Prey and 3x Dark Swooping Shadows, removing 2xUnending Life, 2xAttea, 1xWinged Mount, 1XFlung Into The Fray and 1XHatred Stirred. In the other case, remove an Enquea for Otsea, replace Pale Blades with Black Flail, and 3 Keening Wails with Morgul Answers.

Either way, I will find a place for Ring of Rancor, Ithil Stone and Out of Sight and Shot. IMHO Attea is the worst Thrall of the One. Get rid of him, Otsea, Lemenya, Nelya or Nertea are all better...
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:25 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
PorterTroll wrote:
i was right or gagnut was right? cause im positive that your starting companions count toward your total number of free peoples cards.

you were that was what i said.

definitly have 2 more BNAP they are killer. if you assign a toldea you can kill anyone with 3 vitality left(course you have to win)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:47 am
paippo has good advice: either focus on corruption or beatdown for your Shadow.

This is a Standard deck, right? Just wondering before I give any more advice. Smile
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Gagnut
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:48 am
TheGreatGatsby wrote:
PorterTroll is right. The Comprehensive Rulebook states that you play your starting Fellowship from your draw deck (which is composed of an equal amount of Free Peoples and Shadow cards). So the starting fellowship does count against your deck limit. Frodo and the One Ring, however, are part of the Adventure Deck, so they do not count against your deck limit.

That’s not how I learned it.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:54 am
Gagnut wrote:
That’s not how I learned it.

Well, those are the rules, so you’d better get used to them! Wink
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
AdultLink
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:47 am
Hope Renewed is an excellent card to remove posessions, and it’s full use is glorious if you have Noble Leaders, Ithilien Trap, Houses of Healing, etc.
Haves/Wants
TheGreatGatsby
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:06 am
Thanks for all the advice, paippo. Sadly I don’t have any of those companions you suggested Sad . I’ll have to put them on my need list or something. I do have Aragorn, Strider, so I’ll give him a try.

As for the Shadow side, I agree that it needs a stronger focus on a single strategy. I think I’m going to take it towards corruption with Enquea, Keening Wail, and Dark Swooping Shadows. I’ll take out Hatred Stirred for Out of Sight and Shot as well.
PorterTroll
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:25 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
paippo has good advice: either focus on corruption or beatdown for your Shadow.

This is a Standard deck, right? Just wondering before I give any more advice. Smile

yes, you gotta focus on one, cause if you try to do both, your not going to suceed at either...
TheHobbit13
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:36 pm
I think you have isildur as your ringbearer.
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:30 pm
keening wail might not be enough to get the wounds on your nazzies, try using other toil events such as minas morgul answers

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard