LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

40%
  [ 2 ]  40%

1 (Worst)  
60%
  [ 3 ]  60%

Total Votes : 5
Greay_knight
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:41 pm
--- description ---
This combo I have turned into a one hit wonder because what good is a deck if you cant kill your opponate off quickly..
--- end description ---

As said in the description this is a one hit wonder because if you cant take your opponate out by the 4th or 5th round then in most cases your dead. The cards we’re going to use are.

Animate Dead x4
Dark Ritual x4
Animate Land x4
Eradicate x4
and any big creature you can get your hands on i perfer the Thorn Elemental x4

Now in a 60 card deck that’s half of it right there what you put in the other half is reall what will make or break the deck. And now you can see why this is a one hit wonder deck. However for thoes of you who need it pointed out i’ll explain.

This is your typical black/green deck you’ll start off by passing your first turn. Yes it sounds stupid but this allows you to discard and if you started with one of the big creatures you should have in your deck in my case the Thorn Elemental. Anyway you toss the Thorn Elemental and on your seccond turn Lay down a land use the dark ritual to play Animate Dead on your thorn elemental and boom you’ve got a 6/7 with direct damage...mostly. Oh and watch out for that last mana from the Dark Ritual. I use it with an unholy strength to make my elemental a 8/8.

Now what if you dont happen to have your big creature on your first hand. Because like every deck it all depends on the draw and you thankfully cant fix that. Or say they disenchant your Animate Dead. Well then before they do that agian Play your Land and see if you cant get a total of 3 lands out one green and one black the third can be blue for all it matters. Play your Animate Land card on their land Because almost every deck relies on a pictular color. Then use the black mana for a Dark Ritual. Then just choose that land and Eradicate it. Because of eradicate’s unique qualities you just got rid of every land in that player’s libaray. graveyard, and hand. So if you plaied this on your 3rd turn they have 2 of that mana to go the rest of the game. If you plaied it on your 4th they have 3 mana. Then if you’ve got more eradicates and animate lands in your deck you can use it later for extra muscle and to get rid of any annoying creatures out there.

Well as said this is an old school combo which you’ve all probally already known is considerably leathal. However it as i said relies on thoes first few turns. And if you cant take them out most likely your dead. But the Thorn Elemental in the seccond round will keep just about any deck rushing to catch up. And the animate land should keep any single color decks and one color reliant decks pissing their pants. Personally i fill the rest of the deck up with ways to catch me up in the land i lost at the start of the game and to take out his remaining land. Reap and Soe for thoes that are cirous.
bungietech
Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:07 am
i love you greay knight
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:07 pm
Um... no decklist. No analysis. Try reading the format off of another article here and remaking this. It’s an interesting idea, but it really seems half baked.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest