LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Pegasus
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:17 pm
Of course that I have the rule of 4 in mind!!
However, there are some other cards that let you play cards from the draw deck (not take in hand), and you can also begin with a fellowship of 6 companions at the same time, so it let you begin with 5 less free people cards in the draw deck. I will post the deck, however I can tell you it is based in Denethor Lord of minas tirith and some Smeagol cards like Deagol Fateful Finder and Something Slimy. There are also some places that let you play cards from the draw deck like the Prancing pony , Dammed Gate-Stream. Other cards are Smeagol Simple Stoor, that let discard smeagol culture cards from the draw deck, and cards that let you draw like Isildur Heir of Elendil, and the site Trollshaw forest.
Well the starting fellowship you can use is:

Ring bearer (Frodo is a good one)
Aragorn Strider
Gondorian Prowler
Madril Defender of Osgiliath
Smeagol Simple Stoor
Denethor Lord of Minas tirith

If you construct an Ithilien Blade deck based on this cards you can take very early a lot of free people cards from the draw deck as I told before.

I have designed a deck of 30/30 cards, and normaly in site 4-5 I have only 3 or 4 free people crads in the draw deck.

It lets do practically 3 swarms to your oppontent: from 3 to 4, from 4 to 5 and from 5-6. However, in region three there are not cards i the draw deck so...but yo don’t need it, because you have killed the opponent’s ring bearer Very Happy

As soon as I have more time, I wil post the deck, with some shadow sides. What do you think?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:18 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Wow, that sounds like insane filtering.

And as for Mountain Troll...there’s definitely a right time to play him: the ideal situation is to play 4x Scurrying Goblin, then a cheap orc, and then play Mountain Troll. That gives you a troll, and about 3-5 left over. Ouch!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Pegasus
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:17 am
Another nice card you can use is Gollum Her Sneak. You can play it from the discard pile and then you will have another minion with strenht+7 vitality 4 that will help in the swarming.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:09 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Yes...although he doesn’t quite fit in...but he’s cheap. So he does help with absorbing archery. And make sure you include some Deagols in your Freeps deck!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
whoah that gollum with deagoal and Smeagol, SS is sweet

insane filtering GP for you.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion