LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:41 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
If I Replicate a spell with a kicker, do I have to pay the kicker ofr every copy?
If I replicate Kindle the Carnage, do I have to discard cards for each copy?
Oh, and btw, if I renegerate a creature, it’s toughness is totally replenished, right? So if I have Will o’ the Wisp, and an opponent plays and replicates a Pyromatics, if I can only pay Black, will it die for the second one? Or is it "safe" from now on?
One last, random question, for the tourney I’m playing this weekend:
In a multicolored deck that’s more heavy on the black mana, what would you rather play? Phyrexian Scuta x2 or Phyrexian Scuta x1 and Plague Sliver x1?
And what would you sideboard, Leyline of the Void x1, or Shred to Memory x2?
I don't like YOU.
physcosick
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:03 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
If I Replicate a spell with a kicker, do I have to pay the kicker ofr every copy?
If I replicate Kindle the Carnage, do I have to discard cards for each copy?

Kindle the Carnage’s discard ability is part of the ability, so yes, you would have to discard a card for each copy. But why replicate it? It can repeat itself as many times as u would like.

I wasn’t sure about the Kicker question, but I found this:

# 502.21.Ruling.3 - You can only pay kicker costs when playing the spell from your hand (or when playing it as though it were in your hand). You cannot pay when the card is put into play directly. [Invasion FAQ 2000/10/03]

Felipe Musco wrote:

Oh, and btw, if I renegerate a creature, it’s toughness is totally replenished, right? So if I have Will o’ the Wisp, and an opponent plays and replicates a Pyromatics, if I can only pay Black, will it die for the second one? Or is it "safe" from now on?
You pay B to put a regen shield around Wil o and he is about to go to the grave, but comes back tapped as if nothing had ever happened.

Felipe Musco wrote:

One last, random question, for the tourney I’m playing this weekend:
In a multicolored deck that’s more heavy on the black mana, what would you rather play? Phyrexian Scuta x2 or Phyrexian Scuta x1 and Plague Sliver x1?
And what would you sideboard, Leyline of the Void x1, or Shred to Memory x2?
I like Sliver better. I am a big fan of Leyline of the Void, but there r some situations where Shred is better... it depends on what decks u will run into.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:59 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Thanks for the help, physco! One other thing, if I replicate a flashbacked spell, do I pay the flashback cost each time? Or the cost of the spell itself?
Oh, yeah, and I know about Kindle the Carnage. However, if I replicate it, opponents have to counter each copy separatly. Wink I’m trying to brak Djinn Illuminatus, in the Extended tournament I’m playing tomorrow, so I’m using Kindle the Carnage with Zombify to simulate a Wildfire-like effect, without the land-loss, so counterspells can really cripple my build, it being R/B... I only have Price of Glory to back me up!
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:06 pm
Heh I haven’t been around much, but I’m pretty sure I know all this stuff. the kicker cost must be played on each copy.

Regenerate is a destruction replacement effect. Because pyromatics deals one damage twice, you have to pay to regen twice. If it was one instance of over-lethal damage ( 2 in one shot), then you would not have to regen twice. This question came up at a PTQ in a game one of my pals was playing, so I know this for sure Razz

For your last question, the deck will matter a LOT. If you want to send me the list, I’ll do what I can.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions