LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
28%
  [ 2 ]  28%

57%
  [ 4 ]  57%

14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 7
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:25 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Glamdring wrote:
I’m not a huge fan of Rohan culture, but you deserve a solid 4. Very Happy

just because you don’t like a culture or a particular style of deck shouldn’t effect your rating just to let you know.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
JayPL
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:03 am
I’ve got some experience in playing Rohan (in Expanded format only) thus some weaknesses of such decks to share:
1. ’unwoundable’ minions will stop it quite effectively (such as Easterlings with Easterling Polearm, if For the Mark doesn’t come along, or viciuos combination of Force of Uruk Hai and Furious Uruk at battleground site; or simply the new Balrog, the Terror of Khazad-dum underground)
2. Orc Lurkers with Mountain Troll and Demoralized (BTW - someone had forgotten to ban this freaky card in Expanded Evil or Very Mad ) will destroy this Fellowship at 4th or 5th site at the latest
3. As it totally lacks path control, Cavern Entrance played repeatedly will do severe harm.

On the other hand, Nazguls are pretty easy to deal with, with high vitality empowering Eowyn, as is any swarm deck (destroyed by archery fire).

I prefer Rohan with Smeagol, Always Helps + Follow Smeagol + Don’t Look at them (to play plains ahead and kill Saurons and Balrogs) and Gandalf to deal with conditions (Pallando, Deep in Thought) and burdens (Glamdring, Foe-hammer), Eowyn and Eomer, 3rd Marshal still being crucial.
In addition, in order to play Shadowplay, Frodo Ring-bearer is necessary next to Merry (one Hobbit ain’t enough!).

I think a stong 4 is fair for this article.

---> SoP txh 4 hlp in editing culture icons Cool
Last edited by JayPL on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:07 am; edited 2 times in total
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:09 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
you use brackets [] like this [ orc ](with out the spaces it would be Orc

quote my post to see what ti looks like
Men
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Turin06
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:23 pm
Looks pretty good. I have never had that much interest in Rohan before so I found it pretty interesting.
Gate Troll
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:16 pm
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
4 from me.
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest